RN Presurgical Unit Staff PRN
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Team Manager
Pre-Surg and the Director of Surgical Services, the RN Presurgical
Unit Staff is responsible for providing nursing care in accordance
with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice/Ohio Administrative
Code and Understanding Scopes of Practice/Ohio Board of Nursing and
ANA Scope and Standards of Care. The staff RN is responsible for
assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for a given
patient population within the established standards and practices
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan
of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered
outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research
and evidence-based practice.
- Administers patient care and treatments safely in accordance
with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional
- Administers medications safely in accordance with the Standards
of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and
- EVALUATION: Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary
evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the
improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates
tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and
within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the
Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/receives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues ongoing education and/or certification in
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities
including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains BLS.
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Department Specific Duties: Reviews the patient medical charts,
verifies all required test results, H&P, and nursing
documentation are complete in preparation for surgical
- Provides education to meet the specific needs of the patient
and respective family members.
- Collaborates and effectively communicates with the other health
care team members. Provides hand off report at each change of
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to prioritize in
providing patient care and management.
- Performs in a calm and professional manner during crisis and
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance for established
procedures and skills. Learns new routines quickly. Adheres to
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, BSN
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio.Complexity
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Completion of AGMC and RN PSU orientation programs.
Completes/passes all mandated programs as required by policy and
unit-based competencies/skills assessments as required.Work
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , RN Presurgical Unit Staff PRN, Healthcare , Brunswick, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!