RN Hospital - High Risk OB- Part Time
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization.High Risk OB Unit Details:A Level III Birthing Center,
Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital's Birthing Center / Antepartum /
High Risk OB nursing units hold the highest medical care rating
possible. Our dedicated, talented nursing caregivers provide care
for all types of pregnancies - from normal to complex - and every
year, we deliver approximately 5,000 babies. Our Birthing Center
encompasses 13 labor / delivery / recovery rooms (LDRs), three
operating rooms, a 3-bed recovery room, one inpatient room and one
triage room. Additionally, our High Risk OB department has 13 beds
in 10 patient rooms, with four additional rooms for evaluation or
triage.Our units provide coverage for any pregnant patient
requiring obstetric care or patients up to 6 weeks postpartum. Care
provided includes management of labor and delivery; management of
surgical procedures, such as cesarean section, D&C, D&E and
cerclage; management and treatment of high risk antepartum or high
risk postpartum patients; recovery following delivery or surgical
procedures; education of the patient and significant other; use of
bedside fetal monitoring; and computer documentation through Epic
Stork and OpTime applications.
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness
and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant
others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) certification must be
presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) Certification must be presented upon hire or within first
year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) with the exception of the
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) provider status and RNs in the
Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and maintain Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year
of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in a Pediatric ED, PALS upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Work Experience:
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab
experience required for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
- Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
- Personal Protective Equipment: OB, Critical Care
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , RN Hospital - High Risk OB- Part Time, Healthcare , Twinsburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!