RN Resident-Marymount Hospital MedSurg Post Surgical Unit **DAY/NIGHT ROTATION**
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their
individual learning needs. Provides direct nursing care, alongside
a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization. Transitions to RN
Resident II upon successful completion of the core
curriculum.Cleveland Clinic Marymount Hospital's 2 East nursing
unit is a medical-surgical unit dedicated to providing general
medical care, as well as-pre- and post-operative care to patients
requiring orthopedic surgical interventions, such as hip and knee
replacements and fractures. The unit also specializes in treating
patients with congestive heart failure, chest tubes, wound VAC's
and endocrinology disorders.Also, a medical-surgical unit, 2 South
provides general medical care, as well as post-operative care to
patients requiring various surgical procedures, including
hysterectomy, TURP's, thyroidectomy cholecystectomy-and
debridements. This unit also specializes in treating patients with
congestive heart failure, chest tubes, NG tubes, GI/GU
abnormalities, wound VAC's, colostomy care and endocrinology
- Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their
individual learning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care
activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient
preference, and resource availability.
- Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity
of safe/effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and
initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to
perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital/department personnel
- Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- BSN preferredCertifications:
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) certification must be
presented upon hire.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if
experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care
clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute
direct patient care RN experience.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures. Medical Staff Approval:
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , RN Resident-Marymount Hospital MedSurg Post Surgical Unit **DAY/NIGHT ROTATION**, Healthcare , Twinsburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!