Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Various Locations)
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients of all
ages and performs all nuclear medicine studies using imaging and
ancillary equipment. Performs camera and radio pharmacy quality
control. Ensures radiation safety standards and practices and
- Performs elution of 99mTc generators and prepares
radiopharmaceuticals, ensures compliance with regulations and
recommendations by state/federal regulatory and accreditation
- Performs hot lab responsibilities which may include elutions of
generator according to prescribed procedure and manufacturer
specifications using aseptic technique.
- Performs elute quality control using aseptic technique.
- Performs radiopharmaceuticals kit preparations and quality
control according to departmental procedure and manufacturer
specifications using aseptic techniques.
- Labels and records required documentation according to
- Administers radiopharmaceuticals according to department
protocol using aseptic technique in compliance with state/federal
regulations and accreditation agencies.
- Ascertains correct patient, study and radiopharmaceuticals by
checking patient ID, requisitions and radiopharmaceuticals label
prior to radiopharmaceutical administration.
- Properly records pharmaceuticals. Educates patients regarding
procedures, equipment and exam to ensure understanding and
- Ensures patients' safety during and after exam. Assists with
scheduling patients as needed.
- Performs VNA punctures as necessary and maintains
- Performs quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Performs daily, weekly, quarterly and annual procedures on the
following instrumentation: dose calibrators, scintillation well
counter and thyroid probe, scintillation cameras.
- Identifies, documents and reports sub-optimum results to
- Adheres to Department of Health, TJC, and department
regulations governing performance of above procedures. Maintains
required record keeping and documentation for all diagnostic and
- Acquires, archives, transmits and prints images via PACS.
- Completes after hours transmission of images and appropriate
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Immediately reports any malfunctions to help desk and PACS
- Performs nuclear imaging/counting procedures according to
department protocols and computer acquisition and analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nuclear Medicine or graduate of a two year
accredited school in an Allied Health program or certification from
CAHEA approved Nuclear Medicine Technologist training
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(N) (ARRT), in good
standing or be a Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT)
through the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board.
- Current state licensure (RL) required prior to employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.Complexity of
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
is preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying
weight and manipulate equipment daily.
- Requires exposure to radioactive material.Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Various Locations), Healthcare , Twinsburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!