Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Maple Heights
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Marymount Hospital blends compassionate patient care with
exceptional medical expertise and advanced technology. Marymount
Hospital is a 322-registered bed acute care hospital, serving
communities in southern and southeastern Cuyahoga County.The
hospital has a strong history of caring for the community, which is
a tradition that continues today. Free onsite parking. This
hospital is a great fit for those that love to be greeted by
everyone in the hallway and have the CNO know your name. Magnet-
Accredited FacilityGold Award Recipient, American Stroke
AssociationANCC-Pathway to Excellence- Designated HospitalCertified
Primary Stroke Center HospitalCenter for Ortho ExcellenceBehavioral
Health ProgramEmergency DepartmentICUObservationMedical
SurgicalTelemetrySkilled Nursing FacilityWomen's Health
ServiceBegin your nursing career at Cleveland Clinic and find what
matters most to your development. From day one, you'll be guided by
a Success Coach as you learn alongside some of the most
accomplished professionals in the industry and plan your own future
in our accredited, one-of-a-kind nursing residency. Join our family
of caregivers and see firsthand how personalized support and
renowned healthcare go hand in hand.Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data
for analysis by an RN.
- Observes patients and reports any unusual conditions to
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse
reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests.
- Provides education and information to patients and family
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees
in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides
guidance when assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing
- Current Ohio License as an Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN M-IV)
certification upon hire.
- Basic Life Support(BLS) through American Heart Association
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.Work Experience:
- NON PRN - Three months of on the job training to become
familiar with policies, procedures, equipment, and techniques.
- LPN - PRN positions.
- Internal candidates must have a minimum of one year related
- External candidates must have two years recent and related
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual
finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination.
- Involves extensive standing and walking.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Marymount LPN, Healthcare , Maple Heights, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!