LPN Geriatric behavioral health
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: North Royalton
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides care under the
direction of the Registered Nurse for assigned patients; assists
with data collection, medication administration, and treatments as
- Performs accurate and complete admission, ongoing assessments
and discharges within the defined time frames; assesses and
documents patients' pain levels utilizing appropriate protocols;
collaborates with the RN on the formulation, implementation,
evaluation and revision of patients' care plans.
- Notifies RN of any pertinent physical, psychosocial, and
- Provides direct care to assigned patients and completes hourly
rounding and the rounding log as assigned.
- Delegates and evaluates the care administered by non-licensed
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with licensure and approved nursing protocols; applies knowledge of
usual dosage, indications and side affects of medications
- Utilizes the 5 rights of medication administration.
- Ensures that all medications are secured at all times.
- Utilizes appropriate reporting mechanism for any medication
errors, near misses, etc. Under the direct supervision of the RN:
assesses the educational needs of the patient and significant
others considering cultural issues and other special concerns;
collaborates with the RN assigned to the patient on educational
needs of the patient; provides basic teaching and educational
material to the patient/family on diagnosis, tests and procedures,
safe and proper use of equipment, reason for and safe use of
medications, food/drug interactions, injury prevention, self care
and nutritional needs; reviews discharge instructions as previously
presented by the Physician/RN; documents teaching.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in
the work place.
- Interacts with patients, visitors, and all personnel in a
courteous, helpful manner; resolves conflict in a constructive
manner, maintains confidentiality regarding patients, families and
co-workers; demonstrates respect for individual and cultural and
- Completes appropriate annual competency requirements and
training as required.
- Maintains growth and development through an ongoing process of
formal and informal education and nursing study.
- Identifies self-learning needs, establishes personal and
professional goals; maintains current knowledge base.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure and current
registration in the State of Ohio.
- For specific areas, must be certified in medication
administration and IV therapy as approved by the Ohio Board of
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within one year
of service.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate actions in volatile situations.
- CCHS ORGANIZTION-WIDE COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS: All
employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position.
- Customer Service Orientation includes attitude, behavior,
interpersonal skills, and problem solving that enable an employee
to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations
in a positive manner.
- Adaptability includes teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill
job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and
accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness includes quantity and quality if
desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform
- Essential Job requirements includes adherence to all relevant
policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work
environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and
- Managerial Responsibilities (if applicable) includes overall
accountability for assigned workgroup relative to operational
goals, personal requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- As an organization, all employees with patient contact are
expected to demonstrate competencies, specific to their job duties,
for the following patient population categories: Elderly, Children,
Cardiac, Neuro, Surgical, Impaired (Hearing/Visual), Cultural,
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive
or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign
other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.Work
- The Licensed Practical Nurse must have a minimum of one year
clinical experience within the previous three years OR must have
graduated within the previous six months of hire.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , LPN Geriatric behavioral health, Healthcare , North Royalton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!