Company: Giant Eagle
Location: Rocky River
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job SummaryAs a Pharmacy Intern, you'll be a key part of our
team. You'll bring your skills and expertise to Giant Eagle and
contribute toward the creation of a service conscious pharmacy.
You'll also build relationships with patients that exceed their
expectations. And provide safe, accurate and efficient care and
customer service in order to achieve the best patient, Team Member
and company outcomes.Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required:- High school degree or equivalent and
current enrollment in an ACPE-accredited pharmacy degree
- Certification or Licensing Required: Pharmacy; Active in-state
Pharmacy Intern License
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 poundsJob Responsibilities
- Maintain proper inventory levels by submitting on line order,
adding and adjusting order points, order quantities and on-hand
counts in the computer and assisting manager in preparation of
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure Company
and government requirements are met.
- File written prescriptions daily.
- Assist Team Members with tasks to ensure department runs
- Review all appropriate service and business metrics and assist
team on action plans to improve outcome.
- Perform all regular duties of Pharmacy Technician.
- Welcome and acknowledge patients at all pharmacy entry points
immediately and with compassion and a smile.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and
enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including
processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to
products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions
concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established
procedures including the point of sale policies.
- Perform all supporting duties to contribute to the safe and
efficient dispensing of all patient medication and durable medical
equipment by following all quality assurance policy and procedures
including the selection and counting of medication.
- Comply with all Giant Eagle and Pharmacy policies including
HIPAA and pseudoephedrine regulations.
- Enter patient personal data and insurance information.
- Enter all prescription information including calculations, free
form directions, medication and durable medical equipment
- Ensure proper documentation for transmitting information to
insurance companies, reviewing profiles for appropriate billing
- Alert pharmacists appropriately for drug utilization reviews,
calling and resolving third party rejections and rebilling claims,
entering and processing refills and adding patients to Refills on
- Process medical expense reports.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and
programs.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food,
fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and
talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our
company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that
offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and
solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work
places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and
Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery
Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to
put food on shopper's tables' and smiles on their faces. We're
always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our
family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a
lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Cleveland , Pharmacy Internship, Healthcare , Rocky River, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!