Company: Akron Childrens Hospital
Posted on: February 17, 2020
About UsAkron Children's Hospital is one of the largest independent
pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best
children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated
staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2
hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary
and specialty care.We are leading the way to healthier futures for
children and communities through expert medical care, research, and
prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of
Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train
new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and
pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Licensed Practical Nurse with Medication Designation License
assists in assessing, planning, and delivering nursing care for a
group of patients under the delegation of a Registered Nurse.
Assists in patient/family education as well as teaching staff
members within her own capabilities and under the direction of a
Registered Nurse. Provides to individuals and groups nursing care
requiring the application of basic knowledge of the biological,
physical, behavioral, social, and nursing sciences at the direction
of a licensed physician, dentist, podiatrist, chiropractor, or
1. Performs assessment duties.
2. Performs planning duties.
3. Performs nursing care delivery duties.
4. Participates in educational efforts of the department and
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of
the patients served regardless of age and developmental status.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Graduate from an accredited school of practical
nursing is required.
2. Certification: Licensed Practical Nurse with Medication/IV
Designation licensure is required or eligible for
--- Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American
Heart Association is required.
--- If assigned to general care units, PEARS is required.
--- If assigned to critical care units, PALS, ACLS, TNCC, and/or
NRP is required.
--- If assigned to ED, Surgical Services, Sedation Services,
Transitional Care/Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and Transport, within 1
year of date of hire PALS, ACLS, TNCC, and/or NRP is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Part TimeFTE: 0.800000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: HOME HEALTH
Keywords: Akron Childrens Hospital, Cleveland , LPN Homecare, Healthcare , Brunswick, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!