Company: Akron Childrens Hospital
Posted on: February 17, 2020
About UsAkron Children's Hospital is one of the largest independent
pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best
children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated
staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2
hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary
and specialty care.We are leading the way to healthier futures for
children and communities through expert medical care, research, and
prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of
Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train
new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and
pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Day Shift, Every Other Weekend
The Pharmacist reviews, evaluates and verifies medication therapy
orders for appropriateness of dose, route, interval, schedule and
duration. - Corrects significant drug-drug, drug-disease or
drug-food interactions. Consults with licensed independent
practitioners about medication use issues and documents
interventions in medication therapy. - Prepares and checks
medication and answers drug information
1. Performs basic clinical pharmacy services including drug therapy
monitoring and pharmacokinetics. - -
2. Reviews and verifies medication orders. -
3. Evaluates drug therapy orders for appropriateness of dose,
route, interval, schedule and duration.
4. - Corrects significant drug-drug, drug-disease or drug-food
5. -Consults with licensed independent practitioners about
medication use issues and documents interventions in medication
therapy. - -
6. Medication preparation and checking, including oral, IV,
chemotherapy and total parenteral nutrition.
7. Controlled substance dispensing and tracking.
8. Provides drug information.
9. Assists nurses and physicians with medication use issues.
10. Performs medication reconciliation.
11. Other duties as required
1. Experience in pediatrics/hospital pharmacy is preferred, but not
2. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor's of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm D is
2. A Postgraduate year 1 Pharmacy (PGY1) Residency is preferred,
but not required.
3. Certification: Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
or Board Certified Pediatric Pharmacy Specialist (BCPPS)
Certification is preferred.
Part TimeFTE: 0.200000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH PHARM
Keywords: Akron Childrens Hospital, Cleveland , Pharmacist, Healthcare , Creston, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!