Reg Respiratory Therapist I
Company: Akron Childrens Hospital
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Full Time36 Hours/Week(3) 12 hour shifts a week. (Primarily night
shift)Rotating Holidays and Weekends
The Registered Respiratory Therapist I assess, plans, implements,
evaluates and directs care for premature, pediatric, and adult
1. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for
premature, pediatric, and adult patients.
2. Assesses the current status and immediate airway needs of the
critically ill neonate, pediatric, or adult patient in the
transport, intensive care, and general care environment.
3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age.
4. Participate in the education of ACH staff, patients, and
5. Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout the
Akron Children's Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs
requiring similar knowledge and skill.
6. Other duties as required.Other information:
1. Experience in respiratory care is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Respiratory
2. Certification: Registered Respiratory Therapist
credential/Current OH Respiratory Care Professional license is
required; Current Health Care Provider BLS training is required;
NRP, PALS, ACLS, and STABLE certification is required within 1 year
of hire and must be maintained throughout employment
3. Years of relevant experience: 2 years is preferred; however, new
graduates are considered.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.Full TimeFTE: 0.900000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH RESPIR
Keywords: Akron Childrens Hospital, Cleveland , Reg Respiratory Therapist I, Healthcare , Brunswick, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!