Leasing and Occupancy Manager
Company: Jonathan Rose Companies
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Rose Community Management (RCM), an affiliate of Rose Companies, is
a hands-on property management company focused on enhancing the
lives of our residents, creating a good working environment for our
employees, and meeting the financial, regulatory, environmental,
and social goals for each property. With over 250 employees in 12
states, we are leaders in our field. We have both the insight and
the experience to manage affordable and mixed-income housing in a
way that makes a lasting, positive impact on communities and on
people's lives, while meeting financial expectations. Many members
of our senior management team have more than 25 years' experience
in the field of affordable housing, including federal programs,
low-income tax credits, and mixed-income transactions. We empower
our team to share ideas and to take on the complexities of our
business. We foster a collaborative environment and team up with
other groups within Jonathan Rose Companies to make sure we are
implementing the best solutions for any of our projects.
For this purpose, RCM is seeking aLeasing and Occupancy
Managerwhose primary focus will be to oversee all aspects of the
Rose Community Management (RCM) Leasing and Occupancy initiatives,
within the Affordable Housing Portfolio and beyond, and ensure
adequate marketing materials, leasing tools, and resources are
planned and provided for, while established occupancy goals are met
and reporting requirements are maintained. This individual will
interface with partners across all lines of business to assess
current leasing practices, build and enhance current marketing
plans, and develop/produce required Occupancy and Leasing reports.
The role will have high visibility on-site to evaluate, provide
feedback and recommendations on operations, market ready quality,
vacant turnaround time, curb appeal, and more. The Leasing and
Occupancy Manager will represent the financial goals and social and
environmental mission of Rose Companies by performing the following
- Develop, oversee and plan the execution of all aspects of
Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing plans, including but not limited
to, media, outreach, collateral, signage, sales staff
assessments/training, financial recommendations, and operational
aspects described as"Curb Appeal" that could impact
- Partner with the operations team to create and track action
plans to continuously improve occupancy, shop scores, customer
satisfaction ratings, and other core processes in our residential
management activities. Results will be tracked, and plans adjusted
on an ongoing basis throughout the year to improve
- Manage projects with many steps and dependencies, such as
coordinating the gathering of information for a detailed market
assessment for the acquisition/development of new community lease
up; coordinating and gathering information to develop and produce
weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual Leasing and Occupancy reports and
summaries, including reporting to senior leadership and ownership,
working with the RCM IT& Compliance departments, and OneSite team
to ensure all property leasing/occupancy documentation is
accurately captured in OneSite and in use.
- Closely collaborate with the JRCO and RCM team members to
ensure JRCO Branding requirements are applied in all
collateral/resources, and that material/collateral compliance of
all marketing materials is up-to-date.
- Maintain open and strong relationships with regional managers
and understand challenges and opportunities on regional and
property level to address issues as well as encourage success in a
joint and supportive approach.
- When called upon, this position will be required to work
on-site with /or in place of community team members, when a vacancy
or occupancy challenge exist.
- Develop and provide training for community leasing teams.
- Coordinate open houses and social media events that enhance
leasing and marketing efforts.
- Establish and maintain good relations with local businesses and
anchor institutions who can help bolster leasing.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as
Rose Companies is committed in policy and practice to providing
equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees,
based upon their training, experience, and overall qualifications.
Consistent with this commitment, discrimination against an
applicant or employee based upon the individual's race, color,
creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, marital or familial status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, disability, military status,
protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other
condition or characteristic protected by law is strictly
- Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the
success of a project or the organization
- Operations assignments (property manager, regional manager with
marketing responsibilities positions) in multi-family housing is
- Strong communications skills with all levels of management and
employees, energetic and credible with a proven track record, and
deeply knowledgeable of the goals of the role.
- Exhibit a focus on bottom line results, an understanding of how
goals fit into the big picture, persistence in the face of
obstacles, and a performance ethic that insures that the work will
get done, the targets will be achieved, and the project will be on
- Adept at creating project plans, gaining alignment with all key
stakeholders, and following through with tenacity to achieve
- Proven skill in using leasing and marketing tools to drive
consistently high levels of occupancy in various environments - new
lease-ups, property turn-arounds, and ongoing property life-cycle
- Strong analytical and process skills that facilitate the
planning process and the on-going marketing performance review
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-moving
- Brokers License preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency of property management software, such
as RealPage and Yardi. Strong command of web-based marketing tools
and social media platforms
- Direct experience in exceeding leasing goals at Section 8 and
LIHTC properties throughout the life cycle of the properties,
including initial lease-up at new developments, and leasing
initiatives at under performing properties.
- Strong history in developing and implementing Affordable Fair
Housing Marketing Plans for LIHTC and HUD properties.
- Regional leasing experience in the affordable multi-family
housing sector with the primary focus being on leasing Section 8
Elderly/Family housing and the initial lease-up of LIHTC housing.
Experience in mixed-income and market rate housing is a
Keywords: Jonathan Rose Companies, Cleveland , Leasing and Occupancy Manager, Executive , Independence, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!