IT Business Relationship Manager
Company: MTD Products Inc
Location: Valley City
Posted on: August 17, 2019
IT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
MTD PRODUCTS INC - VALLEY CITY, OH
VALLEY CITY, OH
Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD
Products Inc is a global leader in outdoor power equipment with
manufacturing facilities, offices and distribution around the
world. MTD s engineering expertise and state-of-the-art facilities
are known for innovation and award-winning mowers, snow throwers,
trimmers, chain saws, utility vehicles and hand tools for both
residential and professional lawn and landscape markets. MTD s
family of brands includes Cub Cadet , Troy-Bilt and Remington , as
well as Robomow , Yard Machines , Rover , and WOLF-Garten .
The IT Manager leads a team of IT professionals that consistently
execute the MTD IT key processes to deliver projects and technical
support in line with committed service levels (for delivery,
support and security).
The incumbent ensures strategic and tactical alignment between a
business organization (SBU/functional) and the MTD IT organization
and acts as the primary point of contact for their respective area
of IT expertise. Acting as a thought leader, the IT Manager works
directly with MTD business partners to identify potential areas
were IT can add business value, drives intake of new IT capability
requests, escalates issues in current IT capabilities, and assists
with IT-related planning that helps achieve of mutual and business
They provide thought leadership on industry trends and innovation
opportunities within their respective business areas, and as
appropriate turn these into IT projects that deliver future
Equally important, the IT Manager works across the IT organization
to ensure their business partner s unique needs are incorporated in
IT standards and enterprise solutions. They work with IT delivery
teams, to interpret business requirements and secure business
* Understanding and driving alignment between business, IT, and
* Develops and maintains the IT strategy for their area of
responsibility, while ensuring it aligns with the overall IT
* Thought leader around the application of information technology
to business processes/challenges within their area of expertise.
Ultimately works with SBU/functional organizations to define and
* Advocate within IT, helping the delivery teams better understand
business strategies and actions.
* Aligns SBU/functional resources with IT delivery and support
activities, escalating issues as appropriate.
* Works across IT to understand new technology trends and forecast
future IT infrastructure requirements.
* Provide project status, alternative solutions and process
improvement ideas to stakeholders.
* Works with IT financial leadership on annual IT capital/expense
budgets and forecasts within their area of influence.
* Creates and manages an actionable roadmap outlining technology
delivery within their area of influence.
* Ensures business benefits associated with IT projects are
quantified and realized post-project.
* Leading and participating in continuous improvement
* Fulfills the duties as an IT manager of people, spanning the
communications, performance management and talent development
* Identifies, develops, and maintains appropriate capacity of
talent to fulfill project and support demands.
* Ensures direct reports understand and execute the IT key
processes and achieve annual balanced scorecard metrics.
* Experience building and maintaining collaborative relationships
with colleagues, customers, and peers
* Track record of leading the convergence of people, processes, and
* Customer service focus with the ability to actively listen,
elicit information, comprehend issues/needs, and recommend
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
* Strong negotiation, influence, and team work skills
* Exhibits a high tolerance for rapid change and manages change
* Demonstrated ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis and develop
* Experience deploying enterprise technical solution, including
documenting/designing business processes, performing business
analysis and requirements definition, building solutions, and
handling change management activities during implementation.
* Confident, professional and effective presenting and interacting
with senior management.
* 5 years of IT solutions or business domain experience with
increasing levels of responsibility.
* 3 years of experience collaborating with IT solution
design/development teams (internal or external).
* 3 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct
* 2 years of experience working within a matrixed organization
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, business domain, or
* Certifications such as: BRMP, PMP, Six Sigma, ITIL.
* Experience documenting/designing business processes.
* Experience performing business analysis and requirements
* IT project experience across multiple industries, markets, and/or
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, business domain, or
related field (equivalent work experience may be substituted).
* Located at any US-based MTD Products location.
* Office environment.
* Day / first shift role.
* Full-time schedule
* 10 to 25% domestic and international travel.
MTD seeks to passionately create, build and deliver great products
and services that consumers all over the world enjoy using to
improve and beautify lawns and gardens. To learn more, please visit
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes
401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance,
Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, paid
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
If you do not remember your password click here.
Back to Search Results
Keywords: MTD Products Inc, Cleveland , IT Business Relationship Manager, Executive , Valley City, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!