Director of Financial Operations and Business Analytics
Company: Western Reserve Area Agency On Aging
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Dedicate yourself to an Organization and Mission you can be proud of by joining the Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging! Our Mission: We provide choices for people to live independently in the place they want to call home. About Us: Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging ( WRAAA ) is a private non-profit corporation organized and designated by the State of Ohio to be the planning, coordinating and administrative agency for federal and state aging programs in Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina Counties. It is one of twelve Area Agencies on Aging ( AAA s) in the state partnered with local service provider organizations and the Ohio Department of Aging (ODA) to form the state's public aging services network. The network works collaboratively in creating opportunities for older Ohioans to receive needed home and community services and supports to age successfully in their own homes and communities. Candidates we love
- Self-motivated and compassionate Team players looking to be part of a Best-in Class organization
- Team players who are committed to providing superior service to all they serve
- Enthusiastic professionals excited to grow with an organization that values dedication, innovation and collaboration. What our staff loves about us
- A generous PTO program and paid holidays
- An investment in professional development through a substantial, annual training funds allotment
- A 401K program with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits and so much more POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Director of Financial Operations and Business Analytics ( DOFOBA ) is responsible for: safeguarding the Agency's financial assets; overseeing Finance Department's day to day operations; managing internal controls; and ensuring efficient financial operations of the agency. Additionally, the DOFOBA works closely with the Chief Financial Officer ( CFO ) and other departments to mine meaningful data and produce reports with dashboards that aid agency business strategies and decisions. Qualifications Qualifications and Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and monitor all necessary and appropriate policies and procedures to assure best practices are followed in all accounting functions, including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, month end and year end closing.
- Meet internal and external deadlines to assure timely financial information is available and compliance is maintained for key stakeholders, including executive management, state and local entities and managed care partners.
- Supervise operations' managers and respective teams, assign work, set performance expectations, assist in problem resolution and monitor progress of departmental goals. Make staffing decisions with input from CFO and subordinate managers to include hiring, performance promotion, discipline and/or termination.
- Take lead on all annual audits and monitor visits, including independent and government audits and ODA monitoring.
- Partner with the CFO to develop Agency and programmatic budgets. Monitor budgets for variances and report concerns and solutions to CFO on a regular basis.
- Develop and track metrics for efficient department processes and staff activities; produce management reports on key statistics, trends, and metric measurements.
- Ensure adequate training for staff to facilitate coverage of critical departmental functions that ensures proper general recordkeeping, financial controls and staff performance/advancement.
- Work with the CFO to develop and implement short-term and long-term goals and objectives for the Finance Operations Department.
- Communicate routinely with CFO, financial operations' teams, and agency management regarding critical issues, updates, and trends pertaining to the financial function and well-being of the agency. Proactively seek to stay informed on current issues and events that may impact the agency and/or its financial stability. Assist the CFO in strategic development to promote new lines of business, revenue growth and expense reductions that result in the optimum increase of agency's net asset base.
- All other duties as assigned Requirements :
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting; Certified Public Accountancy, desired.
- Three (3) to five (5) years professional experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and business confidentiality communication skills; knowledge and general implementation of administrative office procedures.
- Ability to multi-task within time constraints, toolbox' of sound organizational skills with precise attention to details.
- Standout proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer for word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, databases, email; Internet comprehension regarding research, document/spreadsheet creation.
- Personal car availability (legal ownership and operational status) during working hours.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please forward your resume and a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you! Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging (WRAAA) is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person's performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Western Reserve Area Agency On Aging, Cleveland , Director of Financial Operations and Business Analytics, Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!