Regional EMS Director
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Join Cleveland Clinic's Main Campus where research and surgery
are advanced, technology is leading-edge, patient care is
world-class, and caregivers are family. Cleveland Clinic earned the
No. 1 hospital ranking in Ohio, the No. 4 hospital ranking in the
country, and was ranked nationally in 13 specialties, according to
the U.S. News & World Report. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work
alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless
support and appreciation and build a rewarding career with one of
the most respected healthcare organizations in the world. The
Regional Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Director is responsible
for directing comprehensive, multi-disciplinary, pre-hospital care
programs in cooperation with EMS agencies across Northeast Ohio to
promote a culture of providing excellent patient care that the
residents have come to expect in the communities served by
Cleveland Clinic. The ideal candidate is someone who: - Has a
bachelor's degree in Allied Health or a related field. - Has at
least five years of clinical, allied health or EMS experience and
three years of management experience. - Demonstrates strong
critical thinking skills and decisive judgement. - Is
self-motivated. - Has excellent communication, organizational and
time management skills. As a Regional EMS Director, you will work
in a dynamic and technologically advanced environment that allows
you to discover, learn and grow. You'll remain professionally
challenged as you shape the career of your dreams and find where
you belong, here at Cleveland Clinic. Cleveland Clinic provides
what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to
our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working
for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join
us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the
support to get there go hand-in-hand.Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with leadership and support teams to develop and
maintain an integrated plan to provide medical direction to rescues
squads functioning under Cleveland Clinic medical control.
- Drives continuous improvement activities with an emphasis on
safety and quality of care in the pre-hospital care
- Monitors laws and regulations set for by the Ohio Department of
Public Safety to ensure compliance.
- Develops annual goals and objectives consistent with the values
of the Cleveland Clinic.
- Ensures delivery and success of project s and initiatives.
- Facilitates collection and analysis of decision making
- Responsible for daily operations and support of strategic
direction of the department.
- Plans and directs the work of others and ensures such work
conforms to organizational policy.
- Directly responsible for departmental budget.
- Coordinates the execution of functional or departmental
strategy to achieve key enterprise wide business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Allied Health or related field.Languages:
- Required EMS (Emergency Medical Services) Instructor within one
year of appointment.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking, decisive judgement, and the ability
to perform unsupervised.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Requires strong communications, organizational, and time
- Need to be self-motivated.Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical, allied health or EMS experience
and 3 years of management experience required.Physical
- Must be able to lift (up to 50 pounds) heavy EMS
- Manual dexterity to operate electronic and mechanical teaching
equipment.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows established guidelines using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Regional EMS Director, Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!