VICE PRESIDENT, ARCHITECTURE
Company: Fidelity Investments Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Description:Vice President, Data ArchitectureThe RoleAt
Fidelity, we use data and analytics to optimize customer
experiences and develop solutions that help our customers achieve
their financial goals. To support that mission, we are looking for
an accomplished Data Architect to define the next generation data
platform which provides adequate compute environment and storage to
process, store, transfer, and protect data. In this role, you will
understand the business needs, and constraints in the current
on-premises data environment, and work with Business Units to
specify the common scalable, resilient, Cloud-based infrastructure
architecture, standard methodologies and guidelines for data
ecosystem. You will collaborate with other business units and
provide mentorship in implementing the right data infrastructure
that meets their needs.The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technology related field
(e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
- Demonstrated technology and personal leadership experience in
architecting, crafting and successfully building highly scalable
- Proven experience in Relational, NoSql, Data warehouse,Data
Lake and Streaming technologies
- Experience in Modern Data Architecture techniques and Cloud
- Expertise in evaluating, prototyping and recommending emerging
data technologies and platforms from open source or vendors.
- Enterprise scale expertise in data management standard
methodologies such as data integration, data security, data
warehousing, data analytics, metadata management and data
- Extensive knowledge and experience in architecting modern data
integration frameworks, highly scalable distributed systems using
open source and emerging data architecture designs and
- Expert ability to analyze cost and performance in data
solutions and recommend improvement for optimization.
- 10+ years of data solution architecture, design and development
- Relevant certification in public cloud services (e.g., AWS
Certified Solution Architect and AWS Certified Advanced Network -
Specialty) is highly desirable.
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum and
- Leadership skills to architect and design cloud first data
- Ability to collaborate and partner with business domain leads,
data scientists, product owners, Enterprise architects and other
functional leads to deliver world class data solutions.
- Expertise in streaming products, streaming processing, Master
Data Management, Data Lake, sophisticated analytics technologies,
BI reporting and analytics.
- Solid skills to encourage confidence, build executive
presentations and guide strategic discussions with business
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities
and technology advancements.
- Willingness to partner effectively with technology business
partners across the firm.The Value You Deliver
- Define information architecture for key domains (HR; Legal,
Risk and Compliance; Finance, Cybersecurity; Infrastructure;
- Evaluate Data related tools and technologies and recommend
appropriate implementation patterns and standard methodologies to
ensure our Data ecosystem is always modern
- Collaborate with Enterprise Data Architects in establishing and
adhering to enterprise standards while also performing POCs to
ensure those standards stay evergreen
- Provide technical expertise and mentorship to Data Engineers
and Data Analysts in the Data Architecture and Engineering Chapter
AreaThe TeamWithin Fidelity's Enterprise Technology Data
Architecture and Engineering Chapter Area, our mission is to
harness our valuable data assets through the use of AI/ML and
thereby modernize how our Corporate Functions (Legal, Risk and
Compliance, Finance, HR) and Technology Functions (Infrastructure
-Private and Cloud, CyberSecurity) operate. As part of the Data
Architecture Chapter you will join other data architects to provide
innovative data solutions to our business partners utilizing modern
data and analytic architecture and management
practices.Certifications:Company OverviewFidelity Investments is a
privately held company with a missionto strengthen the financial
well-being of our clients.We help people invest and plan for their
future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in
delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions
and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions
to help invest their own clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll
find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that
positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take
advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage
of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home.
Honored with a, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best
Place to Work in 2022. And you don't need a finance background to
succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning
so you can build the career you've always imagined.At Fidelity, our
goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances
both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite
through what we're calling "."We invite you toFind Your
Fidelityat.Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and
retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of
inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will reasonably accommodate
applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in
the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an
accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an
email to, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments Inc., Cleveland , VICE PRESIDENT, ARCHITECTURE, Executive , Westlake, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!