Hospice Executive Director
Company: LHC New
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The RN Executive Director in Hospice supervises all aspects of
patient care, all activities of professional staff and allied
health personnel, regulatory requirements compliance, financial
performance, and quality assurance performance improvement
activities for agency. The Executive Director or alternate will be
available on site during business hours and additionally, if
At LHC Group, we embrace a culture of caring, belonging, and trust
and enjoy the meaningful connections that come from it: for the
whole patient, their families, each other, and the communities we
serve-it truly is all about helping people. You can find a home for
your career here.
As a Field Leader, you can expect:
- leadership and engagement with diverse teams across the
- opportunities to create strategies that drive best-in-class
care for patients & families
- flexibility for true work-life balance
- career and leadership development
If you love nursing and have an interest in healthcare operations,
this is a great opportunity for you.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies
and procedures, that are applicable to hospice and Medicare /
Medicaid issues when applicable on a daily basis.
- Ensures that hospice employs qualified individuals (for all
staff members) and accepts responsibility for daily agency
- Immediately available (or has Alternate Designee) to be on-site
during business hours or immediately available by telephone when
off-site conducting agency business, available after hours as
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the agency and acts as the
driver for the Care Management Process. The Executive Director or
designee RN, such as a Patient Care Manager, will receive daily
report on patients from staff. This process also includes review of
patient care paperwork, referral information, recertification
processes, discharge information, and event reporting, etc. on a
- Acts as liaison between staff, patients and Hospice Management
Team & Governing Board on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all payer sources are coded/assigned correctly for
appropriate billing to take place. Ensures that all services are
billed as provided and supervises staff regarding billing issues on
a daily basis.
- Ensures adequate staffing through recruitment for agency as
well as adequate staff education and evaluations on daily or as
- Reviews monthly financials relative to all aspects of the
operation to assure that quality patient care is delivered in the
most cost-effective manner.
- Participates in the QAPI planning and processes, reporting, and
improvement action plans as indicated. This includes chart audits,
patient satisfaction, financials, contracts, patient/family
complaints, etc. and appropriate follow-up. Patient/family
complaints require immediate follow-up. Conducted on a daily
- Supervises all patient care activities to assure compliance
with current standards of accepted nursing and medical practice and
regulatory standards on a constant basis.
- Assists the agency in the implementation of a supply/drug
formulary to ensure that services are utilized in the most cost
effective manner on a daily basis. Review medications purchased to
ensure relevant hospice relation on a daily basis.
Education & Experience
- Must be a licensed physician, licensed nurse practitioner,
licensed registered nurse, or licensed social worker with at least
one year of full time experience in a hospice, home health, or
- Current CPR certification required for Executive Directors
providing clinical supervision .
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - vets, disability.
Must be fullly vaccinated or be willing to complete full
vaccination by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be
required. If permitted by state law, the company will consider
requests for religious or medical exemptions.
Keywords: LHC New, Cleveland , Hospice Executive Director, Executive , Richfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!