Assistant Manager (Building Materials)
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Reports to and assists the General Manager in developing strategies
and objectives toward driving store sales and profitability through
effective leadership and communication.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Assume store responsibility in General Manager's absence.
- Inform General Manager of status initiatives, issues,
schedules, and other items that impact location success.
- Assist General Manager in recruiting, hiring, promoting,
training, addressing issues, and terminating employees.
- Supervise employees by assigning/directing work, addressing
complaints, and resolving problems.
- Assist General Manager with budget preparation, financial
reporting, and sales invoice and accounts-payable monitoring.
- Assist General Manager with inventory and expense control.
- Solicit and value customer feedback, address deficiencies, and
strive for continuous improvement.
- Observe and enforce compliance of programs and procedures.
- Attend and participate in company-sponsored training, when
- Perform other assigned duties, responsibilities, or tasks.
Assistant Managers must:
- Complete and pass a drug, alcohol, background screen, and Motor
Vehicle Report (MVR).
- Have minimum 3-years' experience in building-material industry,
supervisory experience, and/or combination of both.
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Speak, write, and communicate effectively in the English
- Interpret written, oral, diagrams, and schedule-form
- Calculate figures and amounts (i.e., discounts, interest,
commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.).
- Utilize Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel,
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work in both an indoor and outdoor setting.
- Occasionally lift/move objects up to 100 pounds, stand, and
- Regularly sit, use hands, reach with arms and hands, talk, and
If you'd like to take the next steps in your management career,
APPLY NOW!!! Feel free to reach out to me directly at
firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People
and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in
placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the
United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive,
client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to
deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: Gpac, Cleveland , Assistant Manager (Building Materials), Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!