Registered Nurse Case Manager - Main Campus
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Join our team at Cleveland Clinic and experience world-class
healthcare at its best. Cleveland Clinic is named the No. 4
hospital in the United States according to the U.S. and World News
Report. At Cleveland Clinic, you will be part of a talented,
compassionate, and driven team of caregivers. You will work with
state-of-the-art technology and provide stellar patient care. At
Cleveland Clinic you will build a rewarding career with one of the
most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager, you'll fill many roles as
you facilitate seamless care for every patient you serve. You work
closely with patients, family members, social workers and
-Assess insurance plans.
-Assist with transition care management.
-Coordinate discharge planning.
-Evaluate health risks.
-Optimize utilization management.
-Reduce hospital stays and readmission rates.
-Review advance directives.
-Provide education and support to patients based on diagnosis.
-Provide resources available for patients to help in their
The ideal candidate is a decision-maker who can work both
independently and as part of a larger team in a busy environment.
The changing needs of each patient's care plan require clear
communication, multitasking and remaining flexible. Compassion and
empathy are key qualities in this role, as the transition between
different care settings and providers can be stressful for patients
and loved ones. Someone with experience in both hospital and
home-care settings is uniquely qualified for this position.
Certification is preferred, but not required.
This role provides autonomy and flexible work hours, enabling you
to set your schedule to maintain the right work-life balance.
Additional support and opportunities are available for continuous
growth such as continuing education, paid certification and
Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) roles.
If career growth, providing world-class care to our patients,
continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an
organization that offers many long-term career paths are what
matter most to you, then we encourage you to consider Cleveland
Clinic. Join us, and you'll experience the difference of a culture
where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
- The Case Manager promotes inter-professional synchronization
throughout the acute episode, and completes effective handoff to
the next level of care or community to ensure continuity of
- The Case Manager proactively assesses, identifies, and works to
mitigate the risk posed by barriers to the patients' transitions of
- The Case Manager works in partnership with the patient and/or
care partner(s) to develop a comprehensive, individualized
transitional care plan. Participation and leadership in patient
rounding activities, huddles, and committee meetings is expected,
- The role requires the successful completion of annual
competency training, as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. - -
- - -
- BSN preferred.Certifications:
- Current State Licensed Registered Nurse (RN).
- Certification by an approved entity preferred within one year
of eligibility, e.g. CCTM, ACM, CCM. American Heart -
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA)Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum of three years of recent RN clinical experience
required. Minimum of two years of recent experience in Utilization
Review, Quality, or Care Management preferred.
- Knowledge of acute care regulatory/accreditation requirements
preferred. Discharge planning and/or Quality Improvement experience
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires normal or corrected hearing and vision to normal
- Sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
(Occasionally: active or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time)
and /or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently:
activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift,
carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human
body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are
sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally
and all other sedentary criteria are met.Personal Protective
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Registered Nurse Case Manager - Main Campus, Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!