Company: Momentive Technologies
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*About Momentive Technologies*
Momentive Technologies delivers purity that inspires progress.
Leveraging a nearly 75-year legacy of innovation, our
ultra-high-purity products help enable high-quality processing and
production for a wide range of applications in the semiconductor,
photovoltaic, lighting, aerospace, water purification,
pharmaceutical, consumer electronics and telecommunications
As a world leader in fused quartz and ceramic solutions, we offer
an unrivaled ability to supply custom material solutions at scale
to the highest standards of quality. By engineering custom
materials with uncommon purity and unwavering precision, Momentive
Technologies gives our customers the freedom to think big and
develop transformative products that benefit mankind on the
grandest of scales. Together, Momentive Technologies and our
customers are reshaping the world.
*Manufacturing Manager *
*Job Scope: *
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for leading the Furnace
and Finishing departments for Momentive Technologies at the
Willoughby Quartz plant and reports to the Operations Director.
The Manufacturing Manager leads departments specializing in the
production of high purity fused quartz to support customers in the
semiconductor industry. The hourly associates at this location are
union represented by the IUE-CWA, the Industrial Division of the
Communication Workers of America.
The Furnace & Finishing Manufacturing Manager is responsible for
all performance aspects of their departments including safety,
production efficiencies, quality, cost, and delivery.
*Job Objective: *
Objectives are to lead the successful execution of improved overall
safety of the work environment, yield, productivity, and reduced
production variances. The position will work closely with
continuous improvement and transformational activities supporting
visual workplace, problem solving skills development, defect/waste
reduction and enhanced workforce engagement. Position will also
partner with internal and external stakeholders to improve
processes supporting exceptional customer experience.
* Lead, mentor, and coach a team of operators and a process
engineer towards site and business goals in safety, production
efficiencies, quality, cost and delivery.
* Develop department plans that include cost, volume and resource
requirements to meet both external and internal customer needs.
* Engage workforce to eliminate at-risk conditions and behaviors in
the site to continuously improve the team's environmental, health,
and safety performance.
* Maintain solid environmental performance and overall compliance
including process safety management requirements (air, water, and
* Lead department teams in continuous improvement projects towards
on-time-in-full performance (OTIF), yield improvement, reduced
process variances, and overall process excellence.
* Reduce customer complaints through solid root cause and
corrective action analysis.
* Develop key internal stakeholder relationships with all business
disciplines: including Technology, Engineering, Finance, Supply
Chain, Commercial and IT Teams.
*Minimum Qualifications: *
* 3-5 years' experience in Manufacturing with a minimum of 2 years'
experience in Supervision in a manufacturing environment,
* 1 year experience in a Union manufacturing environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or
related technical engineering field.
* Demonstrated Project Management Skills including engagement and
management of internal and external resources.
* Demonstrated Mechanical Aptitude
* Decisive and hands-on
* Energetic self-starter with strong leadership skills
* Prior experience mentoring and coaching others with demonstrated
Change Management skills
* Deliver on commitments: proven track record of sustainable
* Track Record on team development and engagement
* Strong analytical and technical expertise coupled with excellent
verbal, written, and presentation skills to all levels
* Computer literacy - Microsoft Office and ERP systems
* Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of
*Preferred Qualifications: *
* Lean Six Sigma Certification - Green Belt level
* Prior experience with project/program management including
Process Safety Management
* Courage to learn new skills and assume broader roles in a
* Proficient in: Visual Management, Visual Factory, GEMBA, and
Root Cause Analysis
Statistical Analysis and Interpretation including Designed
DMAIC and PDCA Methodologies
*Key Metrics (KPI's): *
* Safety Performance
* Program/Project Delivery Critical Path & Key Milestones
* On Time In Full (OTIF) Service Metric
* Quality Performance - Yield, FPR, COPQ, Complaints
* Production Variances
* Variable Cost Productivity
* Overall Equipment Effectiveness (Rate, Uptime and Quality)
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer*
We treat all our associates and candidates as equals. We require
all associates and managers to do so too and comply with employment
laws and regulations. All personnel actions are conducted in the
spirit of equal employment. We are committed to recruit, train,
promote and retain associates without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identification and expression, national
origin, marital status, age, disability, genetic information,
military status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic
protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Willoughby, OH 44094: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Momentive Technologies, Cleveland , Manufacturing Manager, Executive , Willoughby, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!