Manager of Multicultural Marketing
Company: Destination Cleveland
Posted on: August 7, 2022
ORGANIZATION OVERVIEWDestination Cleveland is in the business of
driving economic impact and stimulating community vitality for
Cleveland through memorable leisure and business travel
experiences. Our team is made up of passionate Clevelanders who
want to help the community by marketing it as a destination. We
have an unceasing love for Cleveland, and we never stop talking
about it. We know Cleveland inside and out. We always believe this
is our year...and so is next year and the year after. We engage
with our community (a lot). And we defend The Land to the core. But
we're not just talking the talk. We're rolling up our sleeves and
getting the job done. We're a hub of hard-working, dedicated,
innovative professionals. And that's who we like to hire. SUMMARY
OF POSITIONUnder the direction of the director of local marketing,
the multicultural marketing manager will assist in leading
Destination Cleveland's outreach and engagement of diverse
residents, community stakeholders, the local hospitality industry,
etc. In doing so, this role will be responsible for the development
of both B2B and B2C short- and long-term marketing strategies
designed to educate the community on Destination Cleveland's role
while ensuring Cleveland's diversity is enhanced, represented and
celebrated in our work. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Assist in the development of marketing materials for B2B and
B2C audiences, which includes initiatives related to local
marketing efforts, resident and community activations, partnerships
and general community affairs.
- Assist director of local marketing to develop and execute a
fully integrated, resident-facing marketing strategy that
represents the communities we serve and champions diversity, equity
and inclusion throughout all local marketing work.
- Work with the director of insights and analytics to understand
and apply relevant data to develop an effective and differentiated
marketing plan, including objectives, strategies, tactics and
outcome metrics based on understanding of the market, market
opportunities, target audiences and organizational goals.
- Assist in the cross-functional implementation of Destination
Cleveland's local marketing plan including coordinated advertising,
media buying, PR/Communications, brand activations, online and
offline content and social media; all should be handled in
collaboration with the Destination Marketing project manager.
- Collaborate across all Destination Cleveland departments to
build and manage relationships with external stakeholders
specifically in underserved and underrepresented communities to
inform marketing efforts.
- Work with the Destination Management team to identify
opportunities to partner with external organizations and causes
that support of Destination Cleveland's actions to ensure equitable
and inclusive growth of the travel and tourism industry.
- Work with Destination Management team to develop and foster
relationships with travel and tourism industry experts, civic
organizations, major attractions and hospitality partners across
- Assist with organizational familiarization tours, industry
partner events, site inspections and other events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the chief marketing
officer, vice president of integrated marketing and director of
local and institutional marketing. Goals and responsibilities are
subject to change based on the current and future needs of
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTSTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in business,
marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience in business or consumer
- Experience with managing or working with marketing agencies,
graphic and website designers, printers and related
- Passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience designing, developing and implementing the execution
of multicultural marketing programs and initiatives to impact
cultural leadership across the organization
- Ability to be an influential peer to manage competing
priorities among various channels and workstreams and advocating
for an inclusive approach for multicultural consumers. Experience
with research and business analytics is a plus
- Experience working closely with travel and tourism industry,
community stakeholders and local government officials is a
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems and sales-related
software applications, specifically Microsoft Office PowerPoint,
Excel, and WordLanguage Skills & Reasoning Ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
the ability to present in front of small and large groups and
articulate the intent and value clearly and concisely.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively with multiple
stakeholders including employers, non-profits, government,
philanthropic entities and others.
- A strong understanding of complex systems; able to synthesize
information and create alignment across stakeholders and lead
- Proven abilities to lead and apply change management techniques
to create new types of circumstances and outcomes.
- Proven creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to anticipate and understand people and culture
issues related to business decisions.
- Track record of establishing trusting relationships across all
management levels to influence strategic outcomes.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence; highly professional,
diplomatic and tactful; maintains a professional image and
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple
projects simultaneously with competing deadlines and limited
- A resilient individual who has the courage to confront
difficult or sensitive issues and the tact to do so in a supportive
manner; one who offers a point of view.
- Act with a sense of urgency and purpose. Other Requirements
- Strong organization skills
- Strong team player with ability to work independently
- Familiarity with the Cleveland region
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings,
weekends and holidays
- Approximately 10% travel, including by air
- Maintains a professional image and manner with
customersPHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands and work environment
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Viewing computer monitors
- Frequent talking and/or listening
- Regular sitting
- Standing for community functions, presentations, trade shows,
- Traveling to other locations to represent Destination Cleveland
and Cleveland as a destination
- Ability to lift up to 25 poundsWORK ENVIRONMENTCleveland-based
hybrid position. All employees are required to be in-office a
minimum of two days per week. Employees are welcome to work
in-office more if desired.Finalists will be asked to provide
contact information for at least three professional
Keywords: Destination Cleveland, Cleveland , Manager of Multicultural Marketing, Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!