Therapy Program Manager ( Director of Rehab)
Company: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
- Looking for an enthusiatic, motivate Physical Therapist,
Occupational Therapist, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant,
Physical Therapy Assistant or Speech Therapist to lead our
- NEW!! Therapy Program Manager (Director of Rehab)
- Great Opportunity for PTA
- Sign on Bonus!
- Join the Encore Team and love where you work!Director of
Rehabilitation Position Summary( Physical Therapist, Occupational
Therapist, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical
Therapy Assistant or Speech Therapist) The Therapy Program Manager
is responsible for the overall management and ensures the efficient
and effective operation of the Rehabilitation Department. Monitors
admissions and treatment schedules, tracks MDS assessment periods
and data, provides administrative supervision, case management and
assists with recruitment and retention of therapy staff in their
Responsibilities of Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist,
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapy
Assistant or Speech Therapist Therapy Program Manager (Director of
Rehab) ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Checks regularly with Nursing and Admissions Departments to
determine status of newly admitted and to-be-admitted patients with
respect to medical condition, history and rehabilitation services
needs. Routinely reviews patient medical records for physician
rehabilitation orders. Informs rehabilitation staff of patient
- Directs therapists to screen patients, determine rehabilitation
needs and contact physicians for appropriate orders within 24 hours
of screen. Directs all patients screening practices in accordance
with clinical policy and procedure.
- Coordinates, monitors and manages patient and rehabilitation
team schedules to meet patient treatment plan goals for
effectiveness and efficiency.
- Implements patient and staff schedules and variance control
strategies so that all patients' treatment plan goals are met.
- Responsible for the department's computerized tracking and
billing systems and for implementing changes that may be
- Coordinates facility-based staffing assignments and ensures
adequate coverage of therapists to meet patient caseloads.
- Tracks MDS Assessment Period Data to include disciplines
(number of disciplines treating), treatment days/week and daily
treatment time. Communicates data to MDS Coordinator.
- Ensures all rehabilitation staff, including aides, are
supervised according to state practice acts, federal regulations
and discipline-specific association bylaws.
- Develops economical indirect time management strategies such
that requirements for patient care planning and other
facility-based meetings are efficiently covered.
- Manages a caseload, as may be required by regional management,
in accordance with established standards.
- In consultation with the Regional Vice President, as may be
required, provides overall general department management to include
rehabilitation care compliance, clinical and billing documentation
compliance, quality assurance, equipment and supplies management
and staffing management and replacement.
- Conducts rehabilitation department meetings as needed to
include patient review, schedule and coverage issues, and
department issue resolution.
- Assist with recruitment and retention of facility-based
rehabilitation staff in consult with the Regional Vice President
and other designated staff regarding personnel assessments and
- Orients new staff to company and facility policies and
- Implements directives/policies and procedures as developed for
Encore Rehabilitation Services and monitors staff adherence.
- Generates special reports/data as needed to assist Regional
Vice President in assessing the efficiency of operations.
- Communicates and interacts with facility personnel to ensure
continued satisfaction with delivery of care.
- Investigates, follows up and assists in the resolution of
staff, service and patient-related issues.
- Manages and supervises all facility-based rehabilitation staff
to include staff development, performance management, and safety
- Maintains appropriate relationships and rapport with coworkers,
residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Attends in-service and facility meetings as required.
- Provides in-service education to the members of the resident's
care team and education to the community.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and
OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve
maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift.
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance programs as
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Other Job duties as assigned. Qualifications RECOMMENDED
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree, or Master's Degree in
Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy or Speech Language Pathology
with a minimum of one to two (1-2) years of management experience;
or an Associate Degree (Physical Therapy Assistant or Occupational
Therapy Assistant) with a minimum of five (5) years management
- Current state licensure.
- Regular attendance. PI186416981
Keywords: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC, Cleveland , Therapy Program Manager ( Director of Rehab), Executive , Macedonia, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!