Director of Human Resources
Company: Brightside Academy Ohio
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Description: Ensure that all Human Resources operations are
carried on smoothly and effectively. Responsible for developing HR
strategies and providing sound advice to senior management on all
related subjects. Should be able to manage programs and lead staff
while also possessing a strong strategic mindset. The goal is to
ensure that all HR needs of the company are being met and are
aligned with all business objectives.
Qualifications/Requirements: A successful Director of Human
Resources must be able to adequately perform each essential duty
and have the following education and experience:
- Proven experience as HR Director
- Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element
--- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
- BS/BA in Human Resources, Business Administration or relevant
field; MS/MA in Human Resources will be a plus
Essential Duties: Essential duties listed are not in order of
importance and are not limited to the following:
- Develop Department Plan supporting the overall Corporate Plan
for a variety of HR matters such as compensation, benefits, health
and safety etc.
- Act to support the human factor in the company by devising
strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, onboarding,
training and development etc.
- Oversee all HR initiatives, systems and tactics
- Supervise the work of HR personnel and provide guidance
- Serve as the point of contact for employment relations
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards
- Deal with and work with grievances and violations invoking
disciplinary action when required
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
- Report to senior management by analyzing data and using HR
- Lead HR Weekly meetings by utilizing the Department's One Page
- Complete objectives, goals, implement strategies, complete
action items based on One Page Plan
- Work harmoniously and alongside the Regional Director, Center
Directors, Corporate personnel, Upper Management, and
- Travels to other 11 centers to establish HR presence
- Attends the and participates in weekly Leadership Meetings
- Attends scheduled and unscheduled meetings
- Performs additional tasks given by management or team members
when help is needed
- Perform special projects as requested
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and
experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates
projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on
time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;
Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting;
Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others ideas and
tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyones
efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans;
Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes
resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change;
Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation - Sets expectations and monitors delegated
activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires
and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences
actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts
feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and
subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays
passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires
respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of
decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates
knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic
goals. Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops
and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect
and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the
value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds
a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments;
Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically;
Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports
organizations goals and values; Benefits organization through
outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve
organizational goals; Understands organizations strengths &
weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external
threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps
commitments. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets
challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard
of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and
objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Accepts responsibility for own actions;
Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality -
Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree 10 plus years related human
resources experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common
scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal
documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication
that conform to prescribed style and format.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as
probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane
and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such
as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or
scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical
problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas,
scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most
difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual
should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet
software; Payroll systems; Internet software and Human Resource
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has supervisor
responsibility over Sr. Human Resource Generalist, Talent
Acquisition Specialist, and HR/TA Assistant Work Environment: The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job.
Keywords: Brightside Academy Ohio, Cleveland , Director of Human Resources, Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!