Sr Manager/Manager, Technical Accounting (REMOTE)
Company: Fresenius Medical Care North America
Posted on: June 25, 2022
FRESENIUS CORE VALUES:Fresenius Medical Care is a people
business. Our success depends on having the best and brightest
employees, and helping them attain their personal and professional
goals while delivering excellence in patient care and business
results. Our employees embody our culture which is based on six
core values supporting our promise to improve the quality of life
of every patient every day. These core values are: Patients and
Partners First, Honesty and Integrity, Quality and Compliance,
Collaboration, No-Limits Mindset and Results Oriented.PURPOSE AND
SCOPE:Assists with researching of complex accounting issues from
business partners across FMCNA. Provides guidance and
interpretation to business partners for accounting policies
developed by FMCNA. Assists with updating, development, issuance,
and implementation of FMCNA new accounting policies to ensure
adherence with both IFRS and U.S. GAAP accounting pronouncements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides timely support to various accounting questions
proposed from business partners across FMCNA, including adhoc
analysis of complex accounting issues and projects as
- Provides guidance and interpretation to business partners for
FMCNA accounting policies; updates, develops, and communicates
existing and new FMCNA accounting policies to ensure adherence with
both IFRS and U.S. GAAP pronouncements.
- Leads the efforts to ensure consistent application of FMCNA
accounting policies across all divisions and functions and acts as
Subject Matter Expert for accounting policies.
- Remains current on new and developing IFRS and U.S. GAAP
accounting pronouncements and communicates potential impacts to
FMCNA management timely and as appropriate.
- Manages the Non-IFRS analysis for external auditors.
- Provides support to the external reporting functions as
- Aids in responses to both U.S. and German regulatory agencies
inquires as needed.
- Assists with accounting supports (e.g., pre-closing due
diligences and post-closing purchase price allocation) for various
FMCNA business initiatives such as divestitures and business
acquisitions as needed.
- Provides review as needed of FMCNA's joint venture agreements
such as put options assessment, consolidation analysis and other
related complex accounting issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION AND REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related areas required
- CPA preferred but not required EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 6 - 8 years' progressive work experience in public and
privative sectors. Big Four accounting firms and life science
industry experience preferred.
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects amidst
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization and
with external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication
Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care North America, Cleveland , Sr Manager/Manager, Technical Accounting (REMOTE), Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!