Director of Nursing
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionDirector of NursingJennings - Life As It Should
BeAt Jennings, each person helps to nurture our values-based
culture.Our values are more than words, they are expectations for
an environment where people are caring and respectful, as well as
creative and fun!As a Director of Nursing at Jennings you will have
primary accountability to lead and manage the Nursing Department
for Jennings Center for Older Adults, including all healthcare
delivery.Title: Director of NursingStatus: Full TimeRequirements
for the Director of Nursing:
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of a Bachelor's of Science
- In-depth knowledge of long-term care clinical/health
- Broad, general business knowledge.
- Leadership skills: coaching, team building, goal setting,
decision making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- In-depth emotional intelligence: demonstrated self-awareness
and accurate self-assessment, sensitivity and empathy, openness,
reliability and consistency.
- Seasoned level of clinical management experience in long term
care environment.Responsibilities of a Director of Nursing:
- Assume 24 hour administrative authority, responsibility and
accountability for functions, activities, and education of assigned
neighborhoods and staff.
- Provide oversight of the MDS, Care Planning process and
- Assist in acquiring staff to work as needed.
- Direct the development of goals and objectives, performance
standards, and policies and procedures.
- Direct, evaluate and supervise Resident care.
- Assess Resident care needs and assist in the development of
individualized plans of resident care.
- Evaluate Resident care as related to individualized Resident
needs, family involvement and the physician's plan for care of the
- Attend Resident care conferences on a weekly basis and conduct
- Assess Resident responses to medication and treatments, and
make appropriate recommendations for nursing action to be
- Conduct daily Resident rounds and report problems to the
Administrator and/or Medical Director.
- Identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action.
- Direct implementation of "Resident Bill of Rights".
- Conduct staff meetings with all shifts for purposes of
planning, coordinating and implementation of policy and
- Lead the Clinical Quality Assurance Sub-committee and serve on
the QA Oversight Committee.
- Demonstrate consistent ability to manage nursing problems,
emergency, and initiate "life saving" measures in the absence of a
- Assume responsibility for nursing compliance to federal, state
and local regulations.
- Use the electronic software system, and function as a resource
- Direct the allocation of equipment and supplies and establish
guidelines for efficient, economical utilization of supplies and
- Conduct interviews, hire staff members, conduct counseling
interviews and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Prepare written staff performance evaluations and initiate
recommendations for salary increases, promotions, or
- Participate in committees, both within the organization and in
- Work cooperatively with the Director of Quality and Innovations
in order to implement clinical measures, outcomes and programs that
support good resident and patient care.
- Assist with building census as required.About Jennings
- Delivering quality care with joy & compassion since 1942,
Jennings provides choices as unique as each individual: from a
variety of Senior Care options, Rehabilitation Services and Child
- Recognized as an Employer of Choice for over a decade!Garfield
Heights: This centrally located campus, offers choices from
independent living residences to long-term care. We also provide
community-based services such as adult day services, child and
infant care, short-term skilled nursing and rehabilitation, home
care and hospice.Benefits offered by Jennings:
- Health Insurance Plans, medical coverage with MMO
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Critical
Illness, and Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Savings Program (403B)
- Superwell Programs to support fitness and overall health and
- Smartchoice Patient Outreach Program, GoodRX, and
- Bonus Opportunities!
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Scheduling Options
- Faith based, mission driven organization.
- Values of Respect, Compassion, Discovery of Potential,
Celebration of Life and Community
- Daily/Weekly Pay with PayActive
- Sparkling clean beautiful environment.
Keywords: Jennings, Cleveland , Director of Nursing, Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!