Director Of Product Development
Company: Locus Agricultural Solutions (Locus AG)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Locus Agricultural Solutions - (Locus AG) is an agtech B Corp---
with a solution to solve the interrelated challenges of climate
change and food insecurity. Our innovative and award-winning
microbial soil "probiotics" enhance soil health and improve crop
resilience resulting in more food grown on less land. In addition,
our product has proven to increase a plant's ability to capture
carbon from the atmosphere resulting in a second income stream for
our customers through our CarbonNOW--- program. Locus AG gets its
core scientific capabilities from its parent company, Locus
Fermentation Solutions (Locus FS), an Ohio-based green technology
We are seeking an Director, Product Development, to join our
growing agriculture team. In this role, you'll lead the Research
and Development team responsible for creating innovation and
driving company growth. The ideal candidate will have experience
across all areas of Ag biological product development including
business development, early feasibility testing, applications
research, early manufacturability testing, and commercialization.
The primary focus will be Row Crop, Specialty Crop, and Turf and
Ornamental, but candidate should be open to expanding into other
areas as the Ag team grows. Key responsibilities are as
- Ensure organization is properly resourced to meet the
priorities of the new product development pipeline and placement of
external research studies
- Develop a portfolio of projects with well defined, multi-year
plans, key milestones, anticipated resource requirements, and a
business case that supports the desired return on investment
- Conduct portfolio analysis and make recommendations to
executive leadership to balance enterprise resources and project
- Conduct analysis on past performance and the evolution of
product portfolio; contribute to predictive models forecasting the
future value of the R&D portfolio and investments that
facilitate strategic and operational portfolio prioritization.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders including
strategic marketing, regulatory affairs, supply chain, procurement,
legal and finance on project portfolio related matters.
- Conduct external benchmarking and implement portfolio
management best practices and tools.
- Hire, develop, and lead a team of approximately 6-7 high
performing team members with the agility to respond to changing
priorities and the ability to present and interact with executive
- Contribute to the generation of intellectual property within
the framework of Locus Ag and its holding company. Qualifications &
- Advanced degree in a relevant agricultural sciences field
(Biology, Plant Science, Soil Ecology, Weed Science, Microbiology,
Chemical Engineering or related field) with PMP certification or
- 5+ years of relevant leadership and project management
experience directed towards new product development required.
- Basic awareness of Agile Methodologies including the ability to
efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing
projects and priorities.
- Relocation to Solon, OH preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 35%. General Skills
- Able to learn on the fly, bring creative solutions to complex
problems, and not get lost in the details.
- Able to quickly assess situations, recognize problems, discern
root causes, separate fact from 'noise' and develop approaches
based on true organizational requirements.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the
ability to plan and prioritize tasks to meet required
- Adept at working within a distributed work environment and
utilization of required collaboration tools to function as a
high-performance work team.
- Ability to adapt to change of schedule and fast-paced, changing
- Experience designing and overseeing the buildout of a research
laboratory a plus.
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written, team
development & mentorship.
- Proficient Microsoft Email, Word, Excel, Power Point and Teams,
and other ERP platforms.
Agriculture and Business Skills:
- Able to demonstrate a familiarity with financial metrics used
to determine project opportunity and risk especially around
- Knowledge of the Ag markets, products and distribution
- Skilled in influencing and managing various stakeholders with
the ability to work effectively with all levels of organization and
communicate effectively across various disciplines.
- Ability to operate budgets, P&L management, and ERP
- Ability to understand and communicate product formulations and
- Ability to work with complex research data sets and modern
technological tools for data collection and reporting.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts, philosophies and ideas
and communicate to a diverse group of customers, partners, industry
associates and employees.
- Ability to understand unique fermentation processes and
Compensation: A competitive compensation package will be offered to
the right candidate and will depend on the candidate's
qualifications. Compensation will include base + bonus incentive,
participation in MIP.
- Company pays majority of Medical, Dental, Vision coverages
- Short Term Disability and Life coverage
- Free Mental Health Counseling for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- 16 Paid Days Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Wellness Incentives
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Locus Agricultural Solutions (Locus AG), Cleveland , Director Of Product Development, Executive , Solon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!