Assistant Nurse Manager- MICU (Nights)
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Provides clinical supervision and coordinates unit clinical
operations with other departmental disciplines under the direction
of the Nurse Manager. Provides effective and efficient patient care
to all ages on assigned shifts or as otherwise designated. Assumes
responsibilities of nurse manager in his/her
- Facilitates communication and collaboration among unit staff
and other departments and units regarding issues related to patient
- Ensures continuity of patient care information between shifts,
coordinates patient admitting, discharges, transfers and other
- Reviews major operational patient care issues with Nurse
- Provides ongoing clinical evaluations of nurses and other
direct and indirect patient care providers on assigned
- Counsels employees on performance issues, administers initial
corrective actions, collaborates in monitoring attendance
- Alerts nurse manager of significant clinical or other
- Participates in interviewing, selecting and appraising the
performance of employees.
- Monitors the adherence to EEO/AAP goals and guidelines.
- Administers Nursing Institute, departmental and CC policies and
- Supervises and participates in the daily delivery of patient
care on assigned unit/area.
- Prepares schedule of work assignment assuring adequate coverage
on all shifts.
- Participates in and supports quality improvement projects,
outcomes studies and research initiatives; participates in
department and committees as assigned.
- Assists in orienting new personnel, continuing education and
in-service educational programs.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduated from an accredited school of professional
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Strong demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills; good oral,
written and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented
upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider
status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and
maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year
of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking, decisive
judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.Work
- Minimum two year recent clinical nurse experience
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Assistant Nurse Manager- MICU (Nights), Executive , Berea, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!