Assistant Nurse Manager 9-Surgical
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Supports the nurse manager with the supervision of RN staff and
other assigned nursing support personnel.Responsibilities:
- Provides direction and support to the unit staff and supervises
admissions, conducts assessment of patient's needs, and initiates
nursing care plans.
- Evaluates and documents patient progress.
- Facilitates the planning, implementation, development, and
evaluation of nursing programs, initiatives and objectives for the
- Assists with the development and implementation of policies and
procedures to insure efficient and effective delivery of health
services in a unit. Serves as a liaison between the manager, staff
and other areas within the organization.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of
patient care services in a unit.
- Prepares schedule of work assignments assuring adequate
- Participates in and supports quality improvement projects,
outcomes studies and research initiatives.
- Participates in department and committees as assigned.
- Assists in orienting new personnel, continuing education and
in-service educational programs.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduated from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Strong demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills; good oral,
written and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented
upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA)provider
status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and
maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA)
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
administered. If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within
one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking, decisive
judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.Work
- Minimum two year recent clinical nurse experience
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
coordination. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
time. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
hours. Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Assistant Nurse Manager 9-Surgical, Executive , Avon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!