Business Development Manager - Manufacturing/Facilities (CLE 2057)
Company: Middough Inc
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Business Development Manager -
Manufacturing/FacilitiesFunctional Role Description: The Business
Development Manager (BDM) develops and coordinates business
opportunities in the manufacturing or facilities industries through
continuous professional contact with existing and/or new clientele.
The primary BD responsibility is to target and develop new clients.
The BDM determines client long-range capital expenditure budgets
and the corresponding need for engineering, design and construction
management services. The BDM understands Middough's capabilities
and applies this knowledge to identify, develop and expand our
client base in existing industries. Essential Functions:
- Develops and implements regional strategic marketing plans,
business objectives and relationship activities.
- Develops formal client strategies and plans.
- Manages the pipeline for the region and associated
- Conducts financial and contract review of prospective projects
and regional business activities to ensure adherence to financial
and risk objectives of the business. Leads contract negotiations.
- Contacts and develops relationships with potential clients as
identified in the strategic plan.
- Makes direct contact with leads, prospects, prospective
clients, influencers, and coordinates the activities of others,
thus leading a well-organized Middough approach including the
development of pertinent materials and information required to
complete business development activities.
- Solicits qualified bid and proposal opportunities based on
focused and targeted plan.
- Seeks client and location development as outlined by the annual
target client list.
- Coordinates the development of presentations, SOQs and
proposals in concert and cooperation with operations and Major
Project Group staff and senior management.
- Maintains records of all target client BD activity including
contacts, communication, and results.
- Participates in client entertainment activities, as
- Participates in developing "win" strategies for specific
- Promotes Middough's profile by participating in relevant
industry associations, conferences, and other forums
- Identify and help develop strategic collaborations with firms
offering complementary services to target market segments and/or
- Define required project delivery models for target market
segments and clients and collaborate with operations and major
projects team members to develop such modelsSkills and
- 15+ years of experience of performing and/or selling A/E, AEPCM
and DB projects with fees in excess of $1 MM
- Possesses significant knowledge of and a well-established
network in the manufacturing or facilities industries
- Significant understanding of engineering, architecture,
construction management and related service
- Ultimately possesses extensive knowledge of the company's
strategy, philosophy and policies
- Performs complex assignments requiring independent decision
- Experience managing the financial, contract, risk management,
and technical development of projects
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering,
Architecture, Business, or Construction Management
- Strong negotiation, organization, communication and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office productsPhysical
Demands:The characteristics described below are representative of
those encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands
and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use
fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.In addition:
- The job will generally be performed in an office environment,
but may require occasional overnight travel to a Client's office,
production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions
will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will
- Overtime may be necessary as workload dictates. This may
include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.Middough Inc. does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e. H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the
principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women,
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Middough Inc, Cleveland , Business Development Manager - Manufacturing/Facilities (CLE 2057), Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!