Tax Senior Manager
Company: Marcum LLP
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Marcum LLP is seeking a Senior Manager to join our growing and
well established national firm in Tampa, FL. This position requires
an experienced Tax & Business Services professional with strong
interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Our growing Tax & Business Services practice provides tremendous
career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical
standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing
work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and
Position Summary:The Senior Manager in Tax is responsible for tax
compliance, tax consulting, project/task management, engagement
management, supervision of staff and tax manager on engagements
that they lead and ongoing staff development. Responsible for the
efficient and accurate, complete and timely preparation of all
clients' tax returns. Develops a thorough understanding of all tax,
audit and consulting services provided by the firm, links this
understanding to potential client needs, identifies opportunities
to expand the scope of current engagements through identification
of client needs and requirements. Develops long-term relationships,
networks both internally and externally, and generates new business
opportunities.Essential Functions:Practice Management
- Manages utilization and realization of self and staff.
- Manages engagement efficiently by timely assignment,
supervision and review of work; conducts timely billing on all
engagements for which he/she is responsible.
- Assumes full responsibility for larger, more complicated tax
returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning
efforts to assist the Auditing & Accounting department with larger,
more complicated/specialized clients.
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A
staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Works directly with partners and clients to ensure tax and
accounting engagements are completed in an accurate and timely
- Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through
the tax preparation system to ensure accurate, complete and timely
preparation and delivery of all clients' tax returns.
- Delegates and manages governmental tax examinations; may
represent the client before the appropriate tax authorities.
- Serves as the Engagement Lead on specific client accounts,
taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution and
final deliverable development.
- Develops the engagement work plan, illustrates budgets and
schedule, monitors project status, manages tax compliance process,
schedules staff and delivers work product on time and within
- Works on multi-disciplinary teams and has direct contact with
clients and targets to identify issues and opportunities, formulate
a value proposition, and secure engagements.
- Generates new business opportunities.Technical Knowledge
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns
and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Researches tax issues and filing requirements that affect tax
- Researches complex tax issues and performs tax structuring and
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax
developments affecting the firm's clients.Practice Skills
- Works with partners to develop practical and effective tax
strategies for clients.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm's philosophy and its
opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of
possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business
- Makes effective use of firm resources to complete a project and
manage multiple client projects.
- Prepares, organizes and maintains engagement work papers and
- Develops a professional relationship with the client and serves
as the main point-of-contact to the client and ensures that the
client is fully informed of engagement progress.Leadership/Staff
- Maintains a familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff
members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting
recruiting, performance evaluations, developing training aids and
acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Supervises, trains and develops staff.Education and Experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other
appropriate academic major required. Master's degree in Taxation or
- Current and valid CPA license required.
- Member in good standing with AICPA required.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products as well as tax
preparation, compliance & research software.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in public accounting,
demonstrating a proven progression in tax return complexity, scope
- At least two years' experience representing clients before
- At least two years' experience supervising and directing the
work of others
- Excellent project management, tax research and writing
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting
areas, along with well-developed and applied management and
supervisory skills are required.
- Integrity within a professional environment.Other
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested.
- Researches and evaluates tax preparation and tax research
software for recommendation to partners.
- Participates in the firm's practice development efforts through
involvement with referral sources, community and industry
- Frequent same day travel for work at client's offices, meetings
and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at
clients, meetings or seminars using personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy
overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess
of 55 hours per week.Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Job Posting Responsibilities Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry,
national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status,
sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other
protected classification under the law.
Keywords: Marcum LLP, Cleveland , Tax Senior Manager, Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!