Senior Substation Engineer
Company: Middough Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' Award Winner!Senior Substation
Engineer - Position and ResponsibilitiesAs a Senior Substation
Engineer and Discipline Lead with Middough, the candidate will lead
the working members of a multi-discipline team on high-voltage
utility systems and renewable energy interconnection projects with
a strong focus on electrical transmission and distribution
substation projects. -Projects will encompass electrical systems
ranging from 5kV to 500kV utility grade systems. The Substation
Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of design of the
substation projects from conceptual design, generation of project
deliverable sets, and construction support.Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with multiple discipline teams and offices
including electrical, civil, structural, mechanical and project
- Develop and lead discipline work to budgets and schedule.
- Mentor and Direct junior engineers, designers and drafters in
project workflow while coordinating workload to adhere to project
schedules and communicating with the project lead.
- Coordinate multiple projects and clients simultaneously while
maintaining a high level of project quality while adhering to
applicable client design standards and industry best practices.
- Collect and prepare data and information, perform detailed
engineering calculations, and write formal engineering and
- Assist in site visits and field verification.
- Responsible for transmission and distribution substation
engineering including detailed design for high voltage substation
projects through 500kv including: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Single Line Diagrams
- Plan and Elevation Drawings
- Relay protection and controls design including schematics,
wiring and three-line diagrams
- Prepare above and below grade deliverables
- Engineering calculations for Station Service Sizing, Voltage
Drop, Short Circuit and Lightning
- Equipment and Construction specifications and Bills of
- Industry codes and standards including the National Electrical
Code (NEC) and National Electric Safety Code (NESC), NEMA, ANSI and
IEEE standards.Education, Experience and SkillsThe successful
candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering preferred but
other discipline acceptable.
- 10+ years of related work experience required.
- Professional Engineer license required.
- Experience with CAD design software such as AutoCAD,
Microstation, Winigs ground grid, SKM power modeling, and
Schweitzer relay software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational abilities for
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. -Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within
company offices. -
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Noise
levels may be moderate to high at various client sites, hearing
protection may be required and/or provided. Safety protections to
be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be
used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.About
MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading
professional engineering, architecture and project solutions
company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500
clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central,
Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest
asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting
projects, management and technical development opportunities and
team building experiences. - Middough employs the best and
brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who
are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety
awareness and professional development.What Middough OffersWe offer
a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports
employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources
such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning
Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and
expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career
advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive
compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package,
based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Cleveland , Senior Substation Engineer, Engineering , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!