Senior Mechanical/Vessel Engineer
Company: Middough Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' winner!Senior Mechanical/Vessel
Engineer - Position and ResponsibilitiesAs a Senior Mechanical
Engineer with Middough, you will be in a client facing role and
taking technical ownership of mechanical design to help drive "big
picture" project objectives within a consulting design environment.
- As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will also have
responsibilities for technical design engineering and be a
mechanical lead to directly execute design and engineering tasks as
well as lead the execution of mechanical tasks within
multi-discipline design projects. The Senior Engineer works closely
with the Mechanical Engineering Manager to plan and execute
mechanical work on projects and to utilize shared resources
effectively. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Plan, schedule, and conduct the technical work as the
mechanical lead on assigned projects.
- Work with both client and internal team members to scope and
execute design work according to schedule, budget, and execution
- Review engineering deliverables for compliance with engineering
principles, standards, and design specifications.
- Develop mechanical design and code calculations for ASME
Pressure Vessels, Exchangers, and API Tanks, specific to the design
of new units, re-rating, modification, and Fitness for Service of
- Develop system designs and sizes equipment, develop technical
specifications and data sheets, perform technical evaluation of
bids, and recommend best value design which meets client
requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and
- Work effectively within 3D design environment to develop
mechanical design solutions and lead 3D design model reviews with
- Plan and lead in collecting field observations, perform
detailed engineering calculations, check installations, and
- Regularly interact with other engineering disciplines, project
managers, client team members, and vendors to obtain and exchange
project pertinent information.
- Work with clients and Project Managers to identify scope
changes through formal change management procedures.
- Keep upstream and downstream team members up to date on project
execution and planning.
- Actively assist in training and developing of less experienced
engineering and design team members. Education, Experience and
SkillsThe successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. -
- PE License or EIT/ET and ability to obtain PE preferred, or
master's degree in Engineering.
- Experience working with team members at all levels of expertise
(such as entry level Designer/Engineer to Staff Engineers).
- 8 or more years of mechanical engineering experience within
chemical, refining, or industrial industries.
- 4 years of mechanical engineering work experience specific to
in the following areas:
- Equipment Design & Specification of pressure equipment
- ASME S8D1 Pressure Vessel and API Tank Design, Evaluation, and
Fitness for Service assessments
- 2 or more years of experience executing project work as a
Project Engineer or Design Team Lead.
- 2 or more years of experience using Finite Element Analysis
(FEA) and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) - SolidWorks
Simulation Professional and Flow Simulation experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized with excellent
attention to detail skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. - Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Noise
levels may be moderate to high at various client sites, hearing
protection may be required and/or provided. Safety protections to
be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be
used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.About
MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading
professional engineering, architecture and project solutions
company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500
clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central,
Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest
asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting
projects, management and technical development opportunities and
team building experiences. - Middough employs the best and
brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who
are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety
awareness and professional development.What Middough OffersWe offer
a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports
employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources
such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning
Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and
expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career
advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive
compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package,
based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Cleveland , Senior Mechanical/Vessel Engineer, Engineering , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!