Advanced Product Development Engineer
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
- Be responsible for investigating new materials, products and
applications. Perform production and design feasibility.
- Support internal business case review & approval process
- Establish contact with external sources to explore new
- Work with product development to initiate and finalize
different design concepts
- Publish and present technical papers
- Meet with customers learn technical requirements for new
- Develop and optimize high value, cost effective new part or
system designs based on customer requirements and Tenneco
engineering and manufacturing capabilities
- Independently develop and deliver design presentations to
customers to demonstrate how Tenneco can meet their needs
- Assist in coordinating testing, design, FMEA, and prototype
activities on a day-to-day basis.
- Support development of new technologies globally, when
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in product design and
- Strong knowledge of electroactive technologies
- Strong knowledge of vehicle dynamics & application of
- Strong communication skills required (written, oral and
- Experience with Elastomer product design & development.
Hydraulic mount design preferred
- Minimum requirements - Bachelor of science in mechanical
engineering, electrical engineering, or Chemical engineering
- Travel: estimated 15% domestic; some international - dependent
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Cleveland , Advanced Product Development Engineer, Engineering , Milan, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!