Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job SummaryAs the Fleet Maintenance Mechanic, you'll be
responsible for maintaining and repairing the commercial fleet,
including diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) tractor-trailer
trucks, gasoline service trucks, reefers, and vans used by all of
our distribution centers. Job Description
- Rate of Pay: $25.10
- Responding to road calls by utilizing fleet repair trucks or
- Installing, replacing, and/or repairing refrigerants,
ventilation systems, brakes, engines, clutches, transmissions,
starters, alternators, batteries, etc. as needed.
- Operating equipment in accordance with all safety
- Creating and entering data for work orders and check sheets on
work being performed to include posting of parts corresponding with
fleet maintenance software.
- Keeping the work area safe and clean.
- Checking equipment repair history and perform data input for
- Performing preventative maintenance on all commercial fleet
vehicles and service trucks to Department of Transportation
- Performing preventative maintenance on all tractors to include
changing the oil, checking the filters, grease all fittings,
checking all hoses, visually inspect the engine, and tighten all
- Performing preventative maintenance on all trailers, including
lubing trailer joints, checking the doors, checking the exterior,
and repairing the rivets and sides as needed.
- Performing preventative maintenance on diesel, CNG, and
commercial tractor-trailer trucks, gasoline service trucks, and
- Reviewing job orders and diagnose equipment to determine
malfunctions and plan work procedures.
- Use hand, power, and pneumatic tools and testing instruments to
repair and maintain equipment and vehicles
- Examining protective guards and bolts and inspect safety
devices on trucks and trailers in order to make adjustments as
- Testing drive repaired tractor-trailer trucks or service
equipment in order to verify compliance with Department of
- Performing Department of Transportation inspections on tractors
- Performing state inspections on tractors and trailers.
- Shift start: 7:00AM or 3:00PM or 11:00PMShift length: 8 hours5
days work week - weekends are required
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 100 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
- Valid driver's license required
- Must have own hand and power toolsStarting Rate of
Pay$25.10About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food,
fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and
talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our
company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that
offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and
solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places
for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and
Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery
Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together
to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're
always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our
family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a
lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Cleveland , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Solon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...