Senior AWS Cloud Engineer
Company: The Sherwin-Williams Company
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Base Salary: $81665.48 - $126125.21 per year Here, we believe
there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow
with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world,
there's a place for you at Sherwin Williams. We provide you with
the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward.
We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to
show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a
place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all
backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are
encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and
Protected Veterans. The IT E-Business Center of Excellence is
seeking a self-motivated Senior AWS Cloud Engineer to support the
needs of multiple development teams operating in a diverse
technology environment. The Senior AWS IT Engineer manages
processes and technologies that enable business value by delivering
high quality software at speed and scale. This position focuses on
standardized architectures and platforms that are built and managed
via automation. This role is responsible for the design,
documentation, configuration, and support of cloud solutions in a
global ecommerce environment, and maintaining current or near
current levels of software, patches, features, and configurations
for supported platforms and services. Our team is dedicated to
supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates
knowledge sharing and mentorship. Successful candidate will be a
member of a cross functional team comprised of well-rounded
engineers who can learn new skills and work across multiple
functional domains to carry out end-to-end delivery of software and
infrastructure solutions and services. We are looking for someone
who thrives in an environment of constant learning. Essential
- Support the development of technical requirements, design,
architecture, and development within a CI/CD environment supported
by agile methodologies and automated testing and deployment
- Assist in developing cloud adoption plans, infrastructure,
governance, and deployment standards.
- Implement the automation of cloud architecture, including
- Strong experience supporting PaaS (Platform as a Service) and
IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) workloads on AWS with hands on
experience working with Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Support technology platforms in partnership with other teams
and business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other engineers and business stakeholders to
align solutions, standards, and best practices, across platforms
and teams Acquisition & Deployment
- Identify and implement the most effective and cost-efficient
- Support management in ensuring the quality of new applications,
systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications
- Assist with the assessment, design, and implementation of
innovative technologies and processes to continuously improve
platform and team delivery capabilities
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard
information against accidental or unauthorized damage,
modification, or disclosure.
- Implement software products and services in support of
procurement and development efforts
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and product owners in the
testing of software programs and applications
- Upgrade/migrate technology versions Operational Management
- Assist with the design and implementation of secure cloud and
infrastructure solutions following defined standards, best
practices, and the "AWS Well-Architected Framework."
- Monitor efficient resource use of cloud workloads and
collaborate with engineering teams to design potential solutions
that increase resource efficiency
- Develop complex infrastructure and application automation as
part of the software development lifecycle, and perform automated
controlled deployments of cloud infrastructure
- Support the software development life cycle for cloud
solutions, such as planning, defining requirements, implementing,
- Solve incidents, identify root cause, and document problems,
and implement preventive measures
- Employ outstanding problem-solving skills, with the ability to
see and solve issues before they affect business efficiency
- Develop and document technical designs and configurations for
integration and implementation of cloud applications and
- Plan and complete projects based on high-level requirements
with minimal or no guidance.
- Perform activities in support of a 24x7 global support model
for production environments. Incidental Functions
- Monitor services, containers, applications, integrations, and
- Assist with disaster planning/mitigation/recovery
- Participate in hiring activities, fulfilling affirmative action
obligations, and ensuring compliance with the equal employment
- Attend meetings with software developers and business
stakeholders on behalf of the team.
- Minimal travel, up to 5% may be required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday may be
required. Position Requirements Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of
study (e.g., Information Technology, Electronics and
Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Systems Management,
Mathematics) or equivalent experience. Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years IT experience
- 3+ years of AWS engineering required, including hands on
experience with VPCs, Availability Zones, Security Groups, ELB/ALB,
Control Tower etc.
- Strong experience supporting AWS cloud services such as VPCs,
EC2, S3, EKS, Availability Zones, Security Groups, ELB/ALB, Control
Tower, CloudFront, Lambda, IAM and similar technologies.
- 2+ years hands on experience working with Kubernetes and
- 2+ years' experience with automation and deployment tools
(Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Argo CD)
- Understand concepts of security related tooling and scanning
(Web App Firewall, SAST, DAST).
- Working knowledge of Apache based Webserver, or Nginx.
- Understanding and familiarity with Linux or *nix operating
- Understanding or experience breaking down work into manageable
pieces to delegate to junior team members. Preferred Qualifications
- Understanding of cloud and infrastructure components (compute,
storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end-to-end
cloud Infrastructure architectures, designs & recommendations
- Experience using Infrastructure Code approaches to
infrastructure deployment and management
- Proficient in infrastructure-as-code languages such as
CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with task automation via scripting.
- Understanding of container security, management, deployment,
and orchestration in AWS
- Experience managing and supporting Microservices designs and
- Experience driving innovation in support of business
- Application Performance Management (Dynatrace or similar).
- Knowledge of LDAP concepts and experience working with an LDAP
- Experience with Agile development and release practices.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new
concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Advanced systems/process orientation with demonstrated
analytical thinking, organization skills and problem-solving
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Strong ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment,
and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without
- Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even
with ambiguous or changing requirements.
- Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity. The annual salary
for this position is between ($135,000-$145,000) depending on
experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate. A
general description of benefits can be found here . Other
compensations: This position is also eligible for (bonus)
(Commissions) (long-term incentive compensation awards) based on
performance and subject to the terms of the Company's applicable
plans. Final disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and
benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting.
The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any
time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law. Must be
legally authorized to work in country of employment without
sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive
and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability,
age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any
other consideration prohibited by law or by contract. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local
employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral
of Protected Veterans.
Keywords: The Sherwin-Williams Company, Cleveland , Senior AWS Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!