Process Engineer II - Manufacturing Aerospace
Company: NMG Aerospace
Posted on: September 24, 2022
As a Process Engineer II - -at NMG Aerospace, you are
accountable for developing, improving, and supporting all
production processes associated with the launch, manufacture, and
test of products in an assigned value stream or product line. Often
directs, guides, or mentor's activities of Level I process
engineers, prioritizing workload based upon needs of production
floor. Come join our NMG family and be part of a team of
individuals who enjoy excellent health and retirement benefits,
competitive pay, a comfortable work environment, and co-workers who
enjoy working and learning together as a team. Apply Today!
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing processes while
maintaining compliance to design specifications.
- Where necessary, will include development and programming of
equipment automation such as creation of CNC code, tool path
simulation, PLCs, data acquisition, software or similar
manufacturing equipment control and/or automation systems.
- Primary contact for design engineering or program management on
- Creates and maintains methods, B.O.M.s and labor standards in
- Leads activities related to C.I., RCCA, PFMEA, and cost
- Review, approval and implementation of product design and
technical documentation changes related to manufacturing.
- Design, construction, and validation of tooling, fixtures,
gages, and equipment.
- Work with product engineers and/or program managers to
effectively launch product from design to production.
- Workflow/cell design with a focus on waste reduction and
- Works directly with customers and suppliers to address
manufacturing issues and implement solutions.
- Act as primary point of contact for specialized manufacturing
- Analysis of manufacturing variances to help identify key areas
in need of improvement. Additional Duties:
- Support supply chain and quality with supplier development
activities as needed.
- Support resolution of supplier quality issues as required.
- Mentor/guide level I manufacturing engineers.
- Support customer complaints & concerns.
- Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous
improvement initiatives, companywide.
- Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as
needed and assigned. Qualifications:
- 5-10 years manufacturing engineering experience.
- Hands on troubleshooting & problem solving including
- Knowledge of both manual and automated
mechanical/electrical/hydraulic (as appropriate) equipment for
tooling, fixtures, and testing
- Ability to implement change and train employees in a production
- Excellent technical, written and oral communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of ERP (in particular BOM & Method creation &
- Lean Ladder Level III (or equivalent Lean training and
experience) strongly preferred.
- Ability to interpret 2D blueprints and 3D models. Working
knowledge of GD&T preferred.
- For machining environment, minimum 5 years CAD and CAM software
experience required. Non-Machining environment must have a working
knowledge of CAD or CAM software.
- Must be willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any
pre-employment screening required for employment with NMG Aerospace
(i.e., drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.)
and any subsequent testing required for the position during
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about
inside the office or shop floor to access work supplies, tools,
machinery, etc. Education:
- Four year degree in engineering preferred (mechanical,
electrical, aerospace, or manufacturing preferred) OR 10-15 years
of progressive manufacturing job responsibility in lieu of degree.
In -addition to competitive wages, NMG is proud to offer a
retirement saving plan with company matching opportunity, excellent
health and wellness benefits including a $350 annual wellness
allowance for assistance with personal health and fitness goals,
can earn up to 4 weeks paid-time off, on the job training,
education assistance and a variety of other supportive programs to
meet our teams member's needs. Come join our NMG family and be part
of a team of individuals who enjoy working and learning together as
a team. Apply Today!
Keywords: NMG Aerospace, Cleveland , Process Engineer II - Manufacturing Aerospace, Engineering , Stow, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!