Fleet Repair Technician
Company: Frito-Lay North America
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Frito-Lay Fleet Technicians are essential to our team because
they work on our fleet vehicles and keep our drivers safe. Are you
looking for a job at a company that rewards the mechanically
gifted? Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job
can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company,
PepsiCo. We are proud to offer you a generous starting salary which
ramps up quickly for top performers. We also offer unbeatable
benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement
savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution,
vacation days and much more. You may already be familiar with what
this position entails. You will help us maintain and repair our
vehicles, diagnose mechanical issues, manage parts inventory, and
charge parts and labor to work orders. We asked our Fleet
Technicians what else we should let you know about working here,
and this is what the team had to say about frequent tasks you can
expect to perform:
- You will use your extensive knowledge to assist entry-level
mechanics with difficult repairs.
- Return vehicles to the traffic center (CDL required).
- You will build relationships with vendors when getting
estimates for parts or labor.
- You will interact with a variety of Frito-Lay drivers, from
professional truck drivers to salespeople.
- This is a physical job which often involves working in tight
spaces under vehicles. This is an experienced position that
requires a CDL. Here are our minimum requirements for you to
consider prior to filling out our application:
- You are at least 21 years of age or older
- You may be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as
- You have a valid CDL
- Your driver's license has not been suspended or revoked in
connection with a moving violation within the past three (3)
- You can lift 50 pounds or more with or without a reasonable
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch
for extended periods with or without a reasonable
- You have the ability to work in tight spaces for extended
periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You will be required to work on/under trucks for an entire
shift (8 to 12 hours) with or without a reasonable accommodation
Given the fact that we offer high wages and phenomenal benefits,
you might be wondering what will give you an edge when you apply to
Frito-Lay. Here is an idea of the characteristics our managers look
- Safety-Focused: Drivers are counting on your focus on safety
which means doing the job correctly and not taking shortcuts.
- Flexibility: Like all Frito-Lay team members, your work on
weekends and holidays helps us maintain our industry dominance. We
place a high premium on teamwork.
- Attention to Detail: We want to avoid breakdowns and stranded
drivers. Your approach to preventative maintenance should be
diligent, even meticulous, when it comes to maintaining our
- Initiative : You are in the field by yourself much of the time.
Our best people would put it this way: we need folks who can show
up and work until the job is done.
- Leadership: You will manage situations that might involve
providing instructions to coworkers in the spirit of safety,
efficiency, and cooperation. Frito-Lay leaders will trust you to
make good decisions.
- Tech Savvy: Technology will enable you to quickly diagnose
mechanical problems, and you will also draw upon your computer
skills when installing electronic logging devices such as tablets
and dashboard computers.
- Teamwork : It's important that you work well with others
because you will regularly interact with our Regional Drivers,
vendors and other team members. Does this sound like you? We hope
that you are now envisioning yourself as the newest addition to our
diverse team. There is nothing sweeter than a thankful driver who
is back out on the road delivering quality snacks to our customers
as a direct result of your personal expertise and work ethic. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority /
Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws,
including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections
4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal
Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the
Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.
Keywords: Frito-Lay North America, Cleveland , Fleet Repair Technician, Engineering , Massillon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!