Applied Research Engineer
Company: The Lubrizol Corporation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a
market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100
countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17
countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world.
Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to
deliver the products and services our customers need, where and
when they need them.
We are actively looking for a Research Chemist/Engineer to join our
Applied Research group within our global Research and Development
(R&D) division. The Applied Research group is a global
multidisciplinary team of chemists, chemical engineers, and
mechanical engineers, who are accountable for providing technical
solutions for a range of R&D initiatives. This role will
collaborate and provide support in colloid and interface science on
a wide array of projects.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Apply technical skills and knowledge to support the development
of new products, new experimental methods, and fundamental
- Collaborate with research colleagues and stakeholders to meet
technical business needs.
- Perform a wide range of test procedures and experiments related
to existing and future technical applications.
- Generate, organize, interpret, and report data in support of
technical projects and service requests.
- Understand the underlying operating principles and seek to
reduce variability of test procedures, equipment, and
- Apply and develop innovative methods to characterize Lubrizol
products and develop fundamental knowledge on their
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize the
necessary internal laboratory work to support changing needs.
- Review project performance at milestones and accept
accountability to deliver upon agreed results.
- Provide regular updates to internal colleagues on technical and
project achievements as well as barriers and issues.
- Understands and practices basic statistical techniques and
applies them to experimental design and data analysis.
- Full commitment to safety in all aspects of your work,
including following all safety procedures, maintaining good
housekeeping, performing equipment and laboratory inspections and
contributing to safety improvements.
Required Skills, Qualifications, And Experience
- Bachelor's or higher degree in in Chemical Engineering,
Chemistry, Materials Science, or related discipline.
- Background in any of the following: Colloid, Interface, or
Material Science or Engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
self-motivated, and well organized
- Ability to travel (less than 10%) as required
Considered a Plus
- Relevant industry or research experience particularly with
- Demonstrated project management experience including the
ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a
global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five
global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our
corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout
the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work,
live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital
status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information,
gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: The Lubrizol Corporation, Cleveland , Applied Research Engineer, Engineering , Wickliffe, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!