Clinical Engineering Technician II
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Provides routine and as needed clinical engineering services
(repair, maintenance, relocation, installation, etc.) for equipment
- Maintains documentation of equipment, inventory, service and
- Collaborates with information technology staff to integrate
medical equipment systems with information systems
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment as
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Associate's Degree in Biomedical or Electronic
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Certifications:
- Certified Clinical Engineer (CCE) or Biomedical Engineering
Technologist (BMET) preferred. Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. Work Experience:
- A minimum of two years of CCF Clinical Engineering Tech I
experience or four years outside experience maintaining and
troubleshooting medical equipment or equipment in a mechanical or
electrical technician field.
- Equivalent specialized or military training may substitute for
- Offset: - High School diploma/GED and four years of CCF
Clinical Engineering Tech I experience or six years outside
experience maintaining and troubleshooting medical equipment or
equipment in a mechanical or electrical technician field.
- Offset: - Bachelor's degree in Biomedical or Electrical
Engineering or IT technical field may substitute for the required
experience. - Physical Requirements:
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 75 pounds; to
climb 8-foot ladders and work on overhead equipment.
- Ability to work in prone positions and in confined, darkened
- Manual dexterity to use tools and work on small mechanical
- Visual acuity sufficient to distinguish colors used for wire
color coding and read finely printed blueprints and schematics.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Participates in equipment planning, research,
support and departmental projects. Installs, maintains and repairs
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Clinical Engineering Technician II, Engineering , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!