Clinical Engineering Technician I
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Provides routine and as needed clinical engineering services
(repair, maintenance, relocation, installation, etc.) for equipment
- Maintains documentation of equipment, inventory, service and
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment as
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Associate's Degree in Biomedical or Electrical Engineering
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. Work Experience:
- If degree, no experience required.
- If no degree, two years of relevant experience troubleshooting
and maintaining medical equipment.
- Equivalent specialized or military training may substitute for
- Some specialty areas may require a specific education focus or
experience (e.g., bed specialty requires 4 years machinist or
electro-machinist). Physical Requirements:
- Typical physical demands include ability to lift up to 50
- Ability to climb 8-foot ladders and work on overhead
- Ability to work in prone positions and in confined, darkened
- Sufficient manual dexterity to use hand and power tools and
work on small mechanical parts.
- Visual acuity sufficient to distinguish between colors used for
wire color coding and read finely printed blueprints and
schematics. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Installs, maintains and repairs medical
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Clinical Engineering Technician I, Engineering , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!