100% Remote - Cloud Engineer
Company: Launching Point
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We're in search of a Cloud Engineer who can seamlessly mesh tech
know-how with business acumen to help us navigate all our cloud
computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance,
support and planning. Not only are you experienced in cloud-based
tech, but you have a firm grasp of LaaS technologies, platforms and
applications, and have intimate knowledge of how to most
effectively customize these attributes to our business. Not only
can you help us connect the dots and evolve our cloud capabilities
over time, but you're also evolving your own capabilities as an
engineer and keeping an eye on developments that can support our
expansion-and help us implement those, too.
- Working with our engineering team to identify and implement the
most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in
accordance with best practices throughout the development
- Training teams on the implementation of new cloud-based
initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability
to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful
services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using
JSON or XML as needed.
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with
implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as
needed to help the organization innovate and excel.
- 5+ years of Linux
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services,
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace,
- 3-5 years' experience in a NetOp or Cloud Engineer role or
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols,
including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software
development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the
ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals
within a busy workspace.
Full Time/Direct Hire - 100% RemoteUnable to sponsor at this
timeJob Type: Full-timePay: $90,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
Keywords: Launching Point, Cleveland , 100% Remote - Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!