Principal (SY 23-24)
Company: ACCEL Schools
Posted on: March 19, 2023
ACCEL Schools is seeking is seeking experienced and highly
motivated Principals in Cleveland, OH dedicated to providing a
superior education for all students. We are seeking leaders who are
excited to create a rigorous and nurturing environment that
prioritizes student engagement and achievement.With a network of 50
charter schools and growing, ACCEL Schools employs a diverse staff
of passionate administrators and educators who value research-based
practices and a desire to grow as professionals. We work tirelessly
to raise student achievement, regardless of historical barriers,
while committed to participating in ongoing professional
development, job embedded instructional coaching, and embracing a
growth mindset.The Principal serves as the instructional and
administrative leader of the ACCEL Schools campus - responsible for
the development, implementation and achievement of the school's
academic vision, student advancement and daily operations. The
Principal will ensure successful academic outcomes for all students
while employing long-term instructional sustainability measures
involving professional development, teacher quality assessment,
curriculum and pedagogical advancement.The Principal shall be
responsible for:Instructional Leadership
- Leading the strategic instructional design and practice,
including: implementing an integrated curriculum; directing
instructional coaching and evaluation; systematic use of assessment
data to guide instruction; and, maximizing impact of the blended
learning model (where available).
- Develop, implement and lead the instructional programs of the
school, assessing curriculum, pedagogy, lesson plans and observing
classes (teaching and learning) on a frequent and structured basis
to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and
materials consistent with research on the best practices for
student learning and development.
- Delivering consistently high levels of achievement and learning
for all students through rigorous and engaging programs and
- Relentlessly work to meet all goals related to student
achievement and school culture as well as Adequate Yearly Progress
- Facilitate the implementation of a standards-based curriculum,
review lesson plans weekly, and conduct frequent
- Assume responsibility for student achievement as related to
academics and social-emotional wellbeing.
- Serve as the instructional leader in the building by
facilitating a growth-focused professional environment.
- Develop and/or modify the school's cultural programming and
school-wide PBIS process with an emphasis on appropriate class
conduct and behavior.
- Work with staff to plan and coordinate teacher-based teams,
staff in-service days, data days, etc.
- Develop and implement consistent professional development for
teachers, ensuring regular instructional training is consistent
with the latest research-based methodologies.
- Implement behavior management practices that ensure consistent
norms of orderly, respectful behavior, motivating students through
strong relationships with their teachers and positive
- Facilitate and direct the Charter School's Special Education
program and ensuring program participants are achieving at high
- Coordinate all phases of summer educational opportunities and
before/after school programs as applicable.Team Leadership
- Establish a strong school community culture by maintaining
positive, cooperative and mutually supportive relationships with
faculty, staff, parents, students, and all other school
- Skillful and collaborative leadership of all teachers, staff,
and school leaders, including supervision, coaching, and
performance management oversight.
- Lead the Charter School's teacher evaluation program and ensure
all teachers have opportunities to meet their professional goals
and are expertly executing ACCEL Schools instructional best
- Evaluate teachers as per the State Ohio teacher Evaluation
- Overseeing the Charter School's professional development
program ensuring a strong, collaborative professional community,
regular training opportunities and a meaningful summer
- Creating a student support system that addresses students'
academic and behavioral needs holistically and involves parents,
teachers, and all relevant staff.Organizational Leadership
- Manage the school's daily operations, including: facilities
management; information/instructional technologies; food services;
student data management systems; academic assessment tools; office
management; budget and fiscal controls; and, student recruitment
- With support from the Home Office/Operations Team, exercise
full engagement on compliance, budget, procurement, student data,
academic assessments, and campus safety. Cooperate with the
back-office service provider where necessary to meet all school
administrative activities. Make recommendations for improvement as
- Partner with Human Resources to execute a highly effective
talent management system of recruiting, selecting, hiring,
retaining, recognizing, and supporting all school site staff.
- Ensure non-discrimination practices in the selection process of
faculty and staff by adhering to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Collaborate with Home Office/Operations Team on the review and
reporting requirements of the State, charter authorizing agency and
Federal regulatory agencies, school sponsor, including the charter
- With support from the operations team, oversee maintenance of
school census data, attendance data, and other reporting
requirements as mandated by the state or school sponsor.
- With support from the operations team, implement the national
school lunch program, transportation, audits, student application
distribution, collection, approval, and verifications as
- Complete all accountability reports and oversee all student
enrollment reports to the state; ensure compliance in all
- Manage student recruitment and retention and achieve goals of
retaining 85% of students annually.
- Understand and address all compliance items as they relate to
the school's Sponsor Agreement.
- Maintain a master school calendar to be posted for all
stakeholders in all appropriate mediums (i.e. website, social
media, student/parent guide, employee handbook). Work with the Home
Office staff to ensure all marketing and communications tools are
up-to-date and active.
- Engage in regular communications with the Home
Office/Operations Team about the needs, successes and general
operation of the school.
- Maintain open and ongoing daily and/or weekly meetings with the
Regional Vice President
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students and
- Assist with updating parent and student manuals, policies, and
- Acting as the Charter School's point person to the local
community, effectively communicating the school's mission and
vision and soliciting input from parents and families about school
performance, areas for improvement, and their needs.
- Understand, accept, abide by, and implement the school's
philosophy and mission statement in all school activities.
- Contribute to a positive climate and culture by exhibiting high
- Engaging and building strong professional relationships with
parents, characterized by timely and regular communications,
involving parents, wherever possible in the life of the
- Cultivating partnerships with external organizations that
enrich the culture of the school as well as strong working
relationships with other local districts and charter
- Plan and conduct student and family orientations.
- Coordinate special projects, such as peer mentoring, service
learning and community involvement.
- Conduct home visits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.QualificationsAttributes:
- Passion for improving educational opportunities for all
students and for building a strong, highly effective organization
aligned to this mission.
- Demonstrated experience raising student achievement among a
diverse group of learners, including low income students,
non-native English speakers, students of color, and other
traditionally underserved populations.
- Knowledge of/experience with innovative school designs and
instructional models, including those featuring 21st Century
learning strategies like blended, inquiry, problem/project based
and personalized learning.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation
- Strong, experienced manager with excellent leadership and team
- Ability to translate critical feedback into effective
- Leads with grit, perseverance and a "can-do" positive
- Ability to productively organize, communicate, and disseminate
policies, strategies, and tasks.
- Familiarity with the developmental, behavioral, social, and
academic needs of students in the academic years. Education and
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related discipline required;
an advanced degree in education/educational leadership strongly
- Current valid Principal and Teacher license
- Two or more years of experience in successful school
administration/instructional leadership in an urban setting
- Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining a rigorous
academic program that meets the needs of all scholars
- Experience in public education accountability, compliance, and
related legal requirements.
- Experience in coaching teachers to improve their instructional
planning, instructional practice, and classroom culture
- Knowledge of State Standards and Common Core Standards
- Successful completion of federal and state criminal background
- Ability to meet educational standards as applicable
- Ability to work well under pressure as well as effectively
prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines consistently
- Understanding of and ability to manage confidential
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skillsEQUAL
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYIt is our policy to abide by all federal,
state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based
solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth,
physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age,
military status, veteran status (including protected veterans),
marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status,
familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender
identity or expression), medical condition, genetic information,
sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a
reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification exists.
Keywords: ACCEL Schools, Cleveland , Principal (SY 23-24), Education / Teaching , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...