Medical Assisting Instructor- REMOTE
Company: Community Health Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement (NIMAA)
is an accredited post-secondary educational institution training
Medical Assistants (MAs) to effectively participate in
high-functioning, team-based primary care settings. NIMAA provides
students an effective and low-cost educational program that
prepares them for entry into a career in primary health care, and
meets the workforce needs of advanced primary care providers. NIMAA
is part of the Weitzman Institute, the only research and education
center within a Federally Qualified Health Center. Its mission is
to promote effective, efficient and equitable primary care for
vulnerable and underserved populations. It does this through
research, training, consulting and education that reach all 50
states and U.S. territories. NIMAA offers a dynamic work
environment in a rapidly growing organization. The NIMAA team is
highly collaborative, utilizing zoom, Microsoft Teams and
SharePoint for communication and collaboration, with some staff
working hybrid schedules from our Denver, Colorado office.
Successful candidates for this position will have a passion for
NIMAA's mission, be exceptionally self-motivated and self-directed,
have a commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement,
and be committed to justice, equity, inclusion and diversity in
education and health care.
JOB SUMMARYA NIMAA instructor is responsible for providing
instruction to persons participating in the NIMAA Medical Assisting
program. S/He is also responsible for supporting other NIMAA staff
in suggesting improvements in the curriculum and related
instructional and support materials. In both cases, s/he reports
directly to the Associate Director of Education, NIMAA, and works
closely with other members of the NIMAA team and external
parties.NIMAA instructors will support Student Services as needed
with Admissions interviews and Placement activities. S/he will
participate in end-of-program debriefing sessions and help
implement changes to the program as deemed necessary.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn the strategies and details of person-centered, team-based
primary health care as practiced by high performing organizations,
particularly as they relate to medical assistants.
- Learn the online curriculum content for NIMAA and how best to
engage students in learning it; managing the input from multiple
sources, and then the evaluation of its effectiveness.
- Take responsibility for ensuring didactic instruction of
students and participants, both by personally instructing and
coordinating others to do so.
- Teach a group of 20-30 students in up to 5 topic areas at a
- Take responsibility for feedback to students and participants
through commentary, postings, grading and the like.
- Get to know each student and establish an effective
instructional relationship with them.
- Take responsibility for the success of students in navigating
through the NIMAA program and meet and advise students as
- Manage the operations of instruction, including postings to
Moodle, scheduling and record keeping.
- Ensure effective connection between the online program and
in-clinic externship operations, especially the support of
- Provide staff support to other NIMAA team members and external
parties working on these matters.
- Work closely and cooperatively with the NIMAA instructional
team and the broader NIMAA support and leadership team.
- Report directly to the Associate Director of Education, NIMAA.
Undertake assignments and set priorities at his/her direction.
- Support the Associate Director of Education in the creation and
implementation of a work plan for improving the curriculum content
based on feedback from students, participants, employers,
externship organization and advisory board members.
- Undertake other work to support NIMAA as requested by the
Associate Director of Education or by NIMAA's CEO.
QUALIFICATIONSRequired Skills and EducationA NIMAA instructor will
- At least three years' experience working as a medical
- Experience in educating or training medical assistants.
- Skills and Qualifications
- An Associate's Degree
- Three years of medical assistant experience in primary health
care, preferably in a PCMH, team-base-based practice.
- At least three years of Medical Assistant instructional
- A current nationally recognized medical assisting credential,
or a more senior license.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK
ENVIRONMENTWorks primarily in a moderately sedentary environment.
Physical effort generally involves occasional walking between
building sites and travel to all locations.ADDITIONAL
- Extremely high integrity
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Enjoy working effectively in a team environment
- Excellent instructional skills (empathy, excitement,
- Clear, concise, persuasive communication and presentation
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Willingness to learn and apply new concepts.
- Capacity to reflect and use knowledge from reflection and other
sources to continually improve his/her own work. Confidentiality of
InformationConfidentiality of business information is a
requirement. Confidentiality must be maintained according to CHC
FLSA CODE: Exempt PositionNIMAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
including medical/dental plans, tuition reimbursement, short
term/long term disability coverage, 403b plan with discretionary
company match/contribution, flexible spending plans, group life
insurance coverage, Employee Assistance Program, classroom
based/on-line computer skill development resources and more! Please
note that completion of a background check, receipt of proof of
eligibility to work in the United States, and completion of all
requirements of our Infection Control policy will be required prior
to working at NIMAA. Salary$46,000-$48,000- Salary is based on 42
Keywords: Community Health Center, Cleveland , Medical Assisting Instructor- REMOTE, Education / Teaching , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!