Early Childhood - Substitute Teacher
Company: Jewish Community Center of Cleveland
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSummary: The Early Childhood Substitute Teacher
provides support for a preschool classroom of children and
teachers. Expectations of Employees:
- Support the Mission and Core Values of the Mandel JCC.
- Ensure the highest quality of programs and services and process
a working knowledge of agency programs and services
- Represent the Agency and provide the highest quality of
- Adhere to all policies and practices provided in the employee
- Attend appropriate staff meetings Essential Functions:
- Assists in providing developmentally appropriate curricular
experiences for young children.
- Responsible for assisting in setting up and cleaning up the
- Ensures each child is never left alone.
- Fulfill daily hourly schedule.
- Change diapers on a rotating basis with other regular
caregivers in the classroom. Assist children with toilet mastery
(in a toddler classroom).
- Fill in daily sheets for each child.
- Serve lunch to children in the classroom. Clear table and sweep
- Bring cots into classroom and set them up for children's rest
time. Assist children who needs help and comforting to settle I for
- Make sure room and outdoor play area is straightened, and the
room is ready to be easily cleaned by the housekeeping staff.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor. Other
- Upholds the professional standards of his/her field and always
acts in a manner that is consistent with the best interests of The
J and will protect and enhance its reputation and standing in the
- Adheres to The J's code of ethics and avoids any real or
perceived conflicts of interest.
- Shows respect for co-workers and members and an understanding
of and appreciation for the diversity of the Agency's staff,
members, and audiences.
- Aspires to excellence in all aspects of his/her work and serves
as a model for others.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Adheres to all Mandel JCC protocols, procedures, rules, and
- Associates degree or relevant work experience
- Desire to work with young children.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Willingness to learn and receive feedback.
Keywords: Jewish Community Center of Cleveland, Cleveland , Early Childhood - Substitute Teacher, Education / Teaching , Beachwood, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!