Associate Chief Nursing Officer- Nursing Education & Professional Development
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Leads nursing education and professional development across the
health system, including responsibility of nursing orientation,
onboarding, nurse residency and continuing education. Provides
leadership and coordination of nursing education, skill competency,
ongoing professional development and nursing leadership
development. Serves as the liaison between academic partners and
the organization. Additional responsibilities include development
of specialty residency programs, unlicensed personnel onboarding,
virtual and skill based competencies, simulation, AHA programming,
nursing student and faculty coordination.Responsibilities:
- Develops all programming for nursing education including
onboarding of registered nurses and unlicensed support
- Leads the design and implementation of assigned business plans
related to pipeline programs for future nurses
- Creates a continuous improvement environment promoting nurse
professional development opportunities (including certification,
professional career ladder & career progression)
- Measures actual budgetary performance against standards and
ensures variances are within established targets.
- Collaborates with executive hospital management as a key member
of education committees
- Serves as the liaison between education institute leaders and
- Promotes and operationalizes inter-professional education
- Strategizes and implements academic practice partnerships
- Works collaboratively with IRD to grow donor support for
innovative education programming
- relocation assistance available
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- BSN required.
- Master's in Nursing, required. (Education preferred, will
consider other graduate degrees based on relation to
responsibilities of role)Certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN) in the current State.Complexity of Work:
- Requires strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.Work
- Minimum 5-years of progressive leadership roles within a large
academic healthcare system.
- Working knowledge of nursing education standards, competencies
and national trends (AACN, NCSBN, NLN, etc.)Physical Requirements:
- Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
(Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time)
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently:
activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift,
carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may
involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Must be available and able to attend both early morning and
evening meetings at multi- hospital sites and drive to multiple
locations.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.#LI-LO1-
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Associate Chief Nursing Officer- Nursing Education & Professional Development, Education / Teaching , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!