HPI Technical Procedure Writer
Company: The Lubrizol Corporation
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a
market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100
countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17
countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world.
Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to
deliver the products and services our customers need, where and
when they need them.
This opportunity is accountable to identifying and applying
essential Human Performance factors and effective communication
techniques to ensure consistent end-user procedure performance
resulting in higher levels of safety, quality, and production.
Essential Job Functions
- Obtain a deep understanding of Lubrizol products and processes
to translate complex information into simple, polished, and
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target
audience, setting users up for success.
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate
reference materials. Identify all documentation repositories and
determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to
develop, organize and write procedures, technical specifications,
and process documentation.
- Research, create, maintain information architecture templates
that uphold organizational and legal standards and allow for easy
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum
usability with a consistent and cohesive voice across all
- Responsible for the research, design, arrangement, editing and
other elements to facilitate end-user human performance in the
- Page arrangement and design
- Identification of changes
- Procedure designation
- Arrangement and design of notes, cautions, warnings,
conditional steps, signoffs, and place keeping.
- Supportive information management
- Numbering schemes
- Attachments and appendices
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex
- Understanding of the qualities that define a document as a
procedure versus an instruction, guideline, or other documents as
they relate to improving human performance.
- Knowledge of Procedure Use and Adherence requirements and the
impact of human factored procedures.
- Understanding of how conservative decision making an integral
part of effective human factored procedure development.
- Must understand the components essential for an effective
procedure change process:
- Evaluate request for new or revised procedures
- Plan procedure development
- Research requests/develop procedure draft
- Review procedure draft
- Approve procedures
- Implement change management plan
- Issue procedures for use
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field. Extensive experience
may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience as a technical
Skills & Systems
- Proficiency in SharePoint software and interfaces.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- Strong Understanding of Microsoft SharePoint.
- SAP (Systems, Applications and Products in Data
- Proven ability to document and communicate business processes
- Effective communicator with technical and non-technical
communities at all levels of the organization
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a
global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five
global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our
corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout
the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work,
live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital
status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information,
gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: The Lubrizol Corporation, Cleveland , HPI Technical Procedure Writer, Advertising , Wickliffe, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!