Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job ID: 339300
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated
supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving
services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality
drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally
friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known
throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our
commitment to safety.
Contract Admin will assist the Estimating Department with the
preparation of bids and administrative function of the
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Assist the Estimating Department with the preparation of bid
documents including the requisition of bonds & insurance
- Transfer projects from bidding software into Viewpoint
- Assist Project Managers with all aspects of revenue and cost on
- Job duties including contract documentation, job setup, change
orders, subcontractor payments, customer billings, completing and
collecting waivers and affidavits.
- Send out and track Sub agreements and Compliance (Certificates
of Insurance and Endorsements)
- Comprehensive and timely administration of all project related
documentation and information.
- Establishing control of contract correspondence, data, and
- Monthly review and closing of jobs.
- Ensure appropriate internal control standards are maintained
and or improved throughout the division.
- Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE) tracking and C-92
submission for ODOT jobs.
- Meet information requests of both external and internal
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the
designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as
outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance
for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held
accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
Two year Business/accounting degree required or 2-5 years of
related experience and/or training. The ability to use computers
with a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Construction accounting and purchase order software experience a
The ability to read and understand various documents such as
accounting guidelines, policy and procedure manuals, and safety
rules. Strong written and verbal communication skills a must. The
ability to hold and conduct meetings.
Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to communicate
problems clearly and concisely by collecting data, establishing
facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit for long periods, use computer, phone frequently,
and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
more than 25 pounds.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to
be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be
assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding
challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Please complete your online application and profile which will be
sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your
interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
EOE/Vet/DisabilityIf you want to know more, please click on this
Date Posted: Oct 14, 2021
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Administrative
Keywords: Oldcastle, Cleveland , Contract Admin, Administration, Clerical , Twinsburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!