Commercial Lender 2
Company: First Federal Bank
Posted on: September 21, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:Position Title:
Commercial Lender 2
Position Reports to: Senior Commercial Lender or Commercial Lending
Position Supervises: No Direct ReportsPosition Summary:To support
the company's mission statement, strategy and sales goals by
establishing new customer relationships and retaining and expanding
existing customer relationships though the development of
affiliations with Centers of Influence and participation in the
company's sales management program. The Commercial Lender 2 is
responsible for providing an on-going service to existing clients
and screening loan request based on financial institution policy.
Demonstrate and implement our Trusted Advisor strategy to all
internal and external customers.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze data for commercial loan requests.
- Retain and expand all assigned banking office loan
- Outline loan terms and conditions and inform borrowers of loan
- Assist borrowers by making appropriate recommendations
concerning financing options and financial decisions.
- Originate and service a wide variety of business and individual
loans both secured and unsecured.
- Screen loan requests based on financial institution policies
and on types of loans offered by the institution.
- Meet individual performance expectations for loans, deposits
and fees, while managing their own book of business.
- Maintain compliance with loan policy, procedures and
documentation, including loan package preparation, while properly
structuring, underwriting and pricing.
- Provide on-going service to existing clients and branch
personnel regarding loan questions and issues.
- Work with Commercial Lending Manager on recommendations for
conditions and terms of commercial loans.
- Provide updates to the Commercial Lending Manager on progress
of current commercial loan files.
- Follow up on inquiries from applicants and branch
- Establish relationships to expand lending opportunities.
- Have the ability to produce and manage a portfolio within the
range of Greater than 50 million, including loan servicing.
- Monitor collateral and credit exceptions.
- Monitor and handle delinquency and collection issues and watch
- Assist in the origination of new deposit accounts and Treasury
- Produce quality referrals through regular calls on prospective
and existing customers as well as referral sources.
- Utilize lending experience and knowledge base to be
self-sufficient in developing loan opportunities.
- Complete other duties as assigned.Education, Certification,
License and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance, or equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
- Five years of lending experience, two years of credit analysis
experience preferred.Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills;
including negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; sales and
goal-oriented personality, with high degree of
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking
- Thorough knowledge of commercial products and services.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial lending laws, regulations and
- Responsible for knowing and ensuring compliance with applicable
laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies that
include but are not limited to Bank Secrecy Act and other
applicable anti-money-laundering rules, Fair Lending, Community
Reinvestment Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and other laws and
regulations as they pertain to the position.This job operates in a
professional office environment. Work is normally performed in a
typical interior work environment which does not subject the
employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.Physical
Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear,
stand or sit for long periods of time, open filing cabinets, walk,
stoop or bend, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10
pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and complete
tasks requiring manual dexterity. Ability to drive a vehicle for
travel is required for the position.Premier Financial Corp is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability or any other legally protected status. The above
statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the
job and the qualifications of the person assigned to it. They are
not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties,
responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with
or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
Employment is "at will" and may be terminated at any time.
Keywords: First Federal Bank, Cleveland , Commercial Lender 2, Accounting, Auditing , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!