Company: United Consumer Financial Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*United Consumer Financial Services (UCFS)* has been a growing
leader in the financial services industry for over 40 years as a
subsidiary of a Fortune 100 company. We are dedicated to providing
world-class service to our customers, enhancing the lives of those
in our surrounding communities as well as being committed to the
well-being, engagement and career development of our highly-valued
workforce. Primary responsibility of the *Collections Manager* is
to optimize (maximize within allocated resources) collections on
low credit quality accounts. Secondary responsibility is to know
all of our collection systems and procedures and back up the
Director of Account Services. JOB DUTIES: * Continuous development
and implementation of new collection strategies, processes and
procedures to improve and optimize collections.
* Supervising, developing, motivating and optimizing performance of
assigned personnel, including preparing staff performance
* Developing measurable goals and reporting on their status and
results of collection activities for assigned area of
* Compliance with collection laws and risk management of collection
* First payment Defaults (FPD's) - Develop strategies to
Early stage - before 30 days past due
Middle stage - before 60 days past due
Late stage or not going to pay - early out to collection agency;
Reporting on reasons for not paying monthly to management
* Low credit quality contract collections:
More experienced collectors
Approaches, scripts, settlements, etc.
Not going to pay - early out to collection agency;
Reporting on reasons for not paying monthly to management.
Champion Challenger strategies with low performing agencies
Visits, audits and relationship management SKILLS & ABILITIES: *
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to understand, analyze and assess risk factors on risk
* Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced, sometimes stressful
and noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
* Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and in person for
up to 8 hours per day.
* Ability to work quickly in accordance with customers' time
* Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
* Ability to understand and follow UCFS policies, procedures and
* Proficiency with a computer, including but not limited to
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams). MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS: * BA/BS from four-year college/university in
Finance, Business, or related field or equivalent experience.
* Strong knowledge required of regulations relative to debt
collection such as CFPB rules, FDCPA, TCPA and Bankruptcy.
* Working knowledge of RMS collection recovery system (AS400
* Minimum of 5 years related (recovery, collections, finance,
lending) experience; supervisory experience. WORKING CONDITIONS *
This position operates in a professional office environment at UCFS
offices in Westlake, Ohio.
* This is typically a full-time position, which is defined as being
scheduled to work 40 hours or more per week. UCFS is open for
operation 7 days a week. Occasional weekends may be necessary
depending on business requirements. BENEFITS: * Health
* Life Insurance
* Paid Holidays
& more indsp Job Type: Full-time Benefits:
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday Ability to commute/relocate:
* Westlake, OH 44145: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required) Application Question(s):
* Please indicate your desired salary range. Work Location: One
Keywords: United Consumer Financial Services, Cleveland , Collections Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Westlake, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!